Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

JORDIN POV

I'M GOING TO SEE DIGGY TONIGHT!!!

So ironic that I'm acting like the girls did those two times we went to his concert.

Oh My God!!! I'm so happy. Right now it is 4 am and Sharon just woke me up to tell me that she is going to New York to see her mom and asked me to go with her. (Her parents are divorced, and her mom moved to New York to pursue her fashion career that skyrocketed. Sharon didn't want to move her senior year so she stayed to live with her dad here, who is an CEO of some type of sports cream. So Sharon keeps going back and fourth.) It's funny because I've gone with Sharon to visit her mom plenty of times to New York to visit Paige since she left and it was always fun, but now, I get to see Diggy tonight!!!

Best news in the world, I get to see my baby. It's been torture without him. I tried my best to make it a surprise but I was too excited and told Diggy I would be landing in his city to tonight. My heart soared at the excitement and happiness in his voice when I told him that.
He is truly The One.

I hugged Sharon tight for getting me a ticket. She is such a good friend it's crazy. She laughed and told me to start packing because our plane leaves at eight. Four hours! She went back home to pack and said she'll pick me up in three hours. I leaped out of bed jumping up and down. I took a shower and hurriedly folded all my nice clothes in two suitcases.

I'm finally going to be able to kiss those lips of Daniel's.
Best surprise ever. I smiled like a crazy person as I sat on my suitcase zipping it up. I went outside just as it started to get a little light outside. The birds were chirping. They're in sync with the way I feel right now. Sharon pulled up to my curb in her sexy black hummer.

She has her hair in a high ponytail, a grey christmas sweater and white cheer shorts on. She stepped on to the marble pavement in her slippers. She looks so comfortable. I giggled.
She smiled, "I like seeing you so happy," She went to the back to open the trunk.
I bent down to lift my suitcase one on top of one of hers in the trunk. She picked up the second one for me and put it on top. We both got on our toes to close the trunk.
"I am so thankful for you." I told her.
"I'm thankful that you're so thankful for me," She gushed
We went to different sides of the hummer, laughing, her to the drivers seat and me shotgun.

***

Sharon and I gave each other checklists of important things that should be in our suitcases.
We were halfway to the airport when I noticed something.
"Hold on. The other girls aren't coming?"
Sharon shook her head keeping her eyes on the road. "Uh, no."
I rolled my eyes. "What? They don't want to be near me even on a plane?"
"No. It's not that, I just, I didn't invite them."
I turned to her in my seat. "You didn't invite them?" That's rude.
Shar touched her ponytail. "No, and you'll learn why."
My heart dropped. The way she said that. I did not like the way she said that. I rolled down the window letting breeze hit my forehead.
"I'll tell you on the plane." Shar elaborated.
I nodded and stared out the window for a while. I should be happy right now.... Excited to see Diggy and my best guy friend Roger but it's hard to be when something in the pit of your stomach is telling you something is very wrong. I can't put my finger on it but Sharon will clear it all up for me. Of course she will.

"What do you think of Roger?" I asked abruptly.
She half smiled still driving, "What?"
I smiled at her smile. "What do youuuuu, think of Roger?"
Sharon made a funny face. "You're so random. But ummm, well.... he's amazing." I watched her road eyes light up like they do when she talks about things she likes. She shrugged. "I don't know, he's really great, I've never had a friend like him before."
Friend -.-.
"He is a verrrry good friend." I tried to sound casual. "He'd be a good boyfriend too. Don't you think?" I looked from window to my best friend.
"Yeah." She stopped at a red light and turned to me. "I guess. I've never really thought about it before."