Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Jordin POV

"Um, sorry."

I muttered as I felt my whole body heat up like the heating element on a stove. I wanted to die from severe embarassment. How could I have just stepped on his shoes like that???

"It's all good." Kyle answered with I think a hint of smile in his voice. I say 'I think' because I am literally staring at our feet and the dark pavement under them. He's wearing Air XX3's.

"Sorry for um, stepping on your shoes."

My head was bowed down in shame, and I worried that from his point of view if I resembled The Grudge, with- LET IT BE KNOWN: the grudge with much healthier, silkier hair.

"It's all good." He repeated. "Are you nervous?" He asked me.

"Is it obvious?" I swallowed hard. He could see right through me. My body is tingling in uncomfortable warmth.

"Pretty much." He answered quickly.

I used my right hand to comb my hair from my face while I courageously lifted my head to look at him. "Well can you blame me?" I shot sheepishly. "You're like...famous."

Now his eyes flew to the ground. "Barely..."

"Yeah ok." A smile hit his face at my remark.

Gaining confidence, I pulled my hair behind my ear. "So are you going to give me your real name anytime soon or....?" I asked.

'Kyle' scaredly held on to my gaze.

He had light skin, visibly smooth lips, serious eyes, and he was tall. Six feet roughly. He had on a red fitted that did him justice, grey sweat pants and a casual black tee. His eyes trailed to his iPhone 5s where he was engaged in some text conversation.

He shifted on his Air XX3's. "Roger."

I smiled. "Roger."

Diggy POV;

Text Conversation

Diggy: TELL HER YOUR REAL NAME DUMBASS -___-

Diggy: Tell her how nice she looks

Diggy: Give her a hug!

Diggy: and keep your hands high. 😑

Diggy: Tell her she's beautiful

Diggy: No gorgeous

Diggy: 😁 no beautiful

Roger: k .. Chill out tho

I sighed peeling my eyes away from my phone for the first time in fifteen minutes. I am now in my dressing room. It was large and welcoming, square, with black hardwood floors and three long fuzzy black couches. Everything else in the room was a brown, like the vanity in the corner and the desk and the walls and doors. It had this whole expensive-cottage-in-the-forest appeal. Behind my closed door I could hear faint talking from crew that were packing things up to go home.

Usually after a show the first thing I do is flop over on one of the couches in the dressing room from exhaust but today I can't. Pretty easy to guess why. I looked back down at my phone.

Diggy: What is she saying now?

I felt like my legs were going to give out at any second. I typed again.

Diggy: ????

Sending Roger as Kyle to meet Ms.Anonymous was entirely all my idea, and I'm pretty okay with it.... But this is do or die for me!