Ch 8:Just Friends

A/N: sorry for not updating. But with what happened to Jonghyun I decided not to.

•••

"I feel like if we talk too loud, we're gonna scare them off." Jennie whispers, making Jisoo chuckle quietly. They're standing at the entrance of the kitchen in Jisoo's apartment, watching Lisa and Chaeyoung quietly talking. Lisa is leaning against the counter and Chaeyoung is standing right in front of her.

Too close to someone else than Jennie has ever seen her, actually. It surprises her. It's so obvious to Jisoo, who knows them, and to Jennie, who doesn't know them, how much into each other they are. "Are you sure they're just friends? Chaeyoung wasn't like that even with Nayeon and they were together for months."

"They're just friends." Jisoo nods firmly and Jennie hums thoughtfully.

"But they're too close and Chaeyoung is actually making eye-contact. I think they're lying to you."

"Believe me, that's them being just friends." Jisoo rolls her eyes. She would know better than anyone, she practically experienced the development of their relationship with them. Maybe it was silently and from a distance, secondhand, but she isn't blind and she isn't deaf.

Those two could never hide what they felt, and still feel, for each other. The things she's seen and heard...evidence of an epic love. And apparently, a high sex drive.

"You'll know when they won't be just friends anymore."

"Like there would be even more intense eye-contact? Because I feel like I'm intruding just by seeing them watching each other." Jennie mumbles quietly.

"Yeah, it's probably creepy. Speak up, otherwise they'll never notice us." Jisoo says. Jennie looks at her unsure but Jisoo nods at her reassuringly, so ahe speaks up.

"Park Chaeyoung!" Jennie exclaims as she enters the kitchen, startling both women. The brunette immediately turns to glare at her, although she's kind of surprised to see her.

"What are you doing here?" She snaps at him.

"I missed you, Chae. I haven't seen you since this morning." She teases as she goes to hug her but she pushes her away before she can touch her. She tries to touch her, she knows better than that.

"What the hell, unnie?" She frowns, making the others laugh. "What are you doing here?" She asks again and then turns to glare at Jisoo. "Why didn't you tell me that she'd be here too?"

"Hey, I brought pizza! Also, I thought it was finally time to meet your mystery woman." Jennie says as he turns to face Lisa.

"Shut up, unnie!" Chaeng snaps again, maybe because she interrupted her Lisa time or maybe because she's still surprised to see her. She wasn't expecting it. But Jennie doesn't seem bothered by her anger at all. Shes used to it by now. Plus, she's too busy watching Lisa who is too busy watching her too.

"Hi, I'm Jennie Kim." Jennie extends her hand but Chaeyoung swats it away, because who shakes hands these days, making both Jisoo and Jennie smirk and Lisa just smiles sweetly at her adorableness.

"She's an ass, so don't talk to her." Chaeng whispers as she shuffles by Lisa's side, so close that their bare arms are touching, making her skin buzz and her heartbeats increase. She feels the need to protect Lisa and herself but she doesn't even know from what. Or whom. It's not like she has a reason to be upset, Jennie is her friend. But she's still a friend who doesn't know them. A friend who doesn't know her when she's around Lisa. Someone who couldn't, until now, see how vulnerable she can be. And it makes her feel insecure.

"I mean it's not like we haven't talked before." Lisa finally speaks up, still looking at Jennie but Chaeng notices how she moves closer to her too. It makes her feel all warm inside when she realizes that Lisa picked up on her upset state and tries to calm her down. To silently tell her that it's 'ok', effectively making Chaeng relax again. Because Lisa is here now.