-}{- Seven -}{-

A yellow patchwork quilt moved as glowing copper lamps lit up around the dorm room. Four beds, all with people waking up inside them, gave off the soft and cuddly aura of the rest of the room. A blonde head stuck up from the first bed, two brunettes, then a black haired boy. 

The raven haired boy stretched as he stood up, yawning and twisting from side to side. The other three boys grumbled as they pulled themselves from the covers and yawned. Each had a pair of pajamas in different stages of ruffled. Baggy shirts and equally big pants. Except the last boy, he had a pair of sweats and no shirt. 

The other three boys watched as the last boy pulled out his school robes and laid them out. With a glance to each other, they too started to get dressed. 

Across the castle, another dorm was waking up. 

A rustling of cloth on cloth woke three out of four students in one of the Tower's dorms. Blue blankets were tucked into four poster beds of black wood and bronze designs. One of the beds was made, covers smoothed out and pillow's fluffed. The owner of that bed was crouched in front of a trunk at the end. 

Curly blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail, slender hands pulled out a set of clothes, and she sighed as she placed the robes on her bed. 

The blonde got dressed while the rest of her dorm mates kept sleeping. She was out of the door, hair now down and framing her face, and heading to breakfast as the other members of the Ravenclaw house woke up. Her blue and bronze tie was looser than regulation, and she rolled her eyes at the robes. 

Yellow and black shifted as the black haired boy tightened his tie slightly. His dorm mates were still struggling to wake up as he walked out of the barrel entrance of the Hufflepuff common room, and trudged up to the Great Hall. 

The first two students whos footsteps echoed, were the blonde girl and the black haired boy. Both met right in front of the grand door into the massive hall that held the house tables. They greeted each other with smiles and a tight hug. The boy leaded down and kissed the girl, a soft laugh wrapping around them-the girl's laugh. 

"Love you." The girl whispered, no one else was around to hear the words-but it felt too private to say loudly. 

"Love you too." Responded the boy, a hand brushing his girlfriend's cheek, and an arm around her waist. "Annabeth," He started. "how did you sleep?" His green eyes looked over her face, as if it held the answers. It did, hidden from everyone but him-him who knew the girl so well. 

"How did you sleep?" Annabeth smirked. She knew that she had won when her boyfriend pouted then kissed her forehead. "Percy, from what I gathered, the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws have a lot of classes together." The secret meaning of those words echoed through them. They would be together. 

"Same here, the boy in my room gave me the basics of it." Percy nodded then looked over his girlfriend's shoulder. More people were showing up. He knew they should part, but he didn't want to. Annabeth saw the irritation in his eyes, pulled him to the side of the hall as kids flooded in, and gave him another kiss. Soft and sweet, not goodbye but see you later. 

Percy pulled back finally and huffed a breath. "Fine let's go, Wise Girl." The couple held hands as they walked into the Great Hall, only breaking away when they had to separate to go to their tables. 

Annabeth sat down at her table, beside a girl with dirty blonde hair and turnip earrings. The curly blonde smiled at the strange girl with the bright smile, taking quiet joy in the girl's confidence. "Hello there!" A cheery and airy voice welcomed Annabeth to the table and house. "I'm Luna Lovegood, you're Annabeth Chase." She said matter-of-factly. 

A chuckle escaped Annabeth, the smile still in place. "Yes, I am." Annabeth grabbed a pastry and held it in her fingers as she kept talking to the girl. "Seventh year?" The girl nodded as she sipped tea with a dreamy smile. "Well it's nice to meet you." Luna nodded and blinked large silvery eyes at Annabeth. 

Silver eyes met grey and both girls smiled. 

Over at the yellow and black table Percy was sitting by himself. Well he started that way. After about two seconds, at least ten others sat by him and smiled. The conversation started and Percy let it sweep him away with a smile. It went everywhere from where Percy was from, to what his favorite magical creature was, finally finishing off at a love fest for their head of house Professor Sprout. 

He ate while filling in information that they asked him for. A girl beside him had bright brown eyes as she ranted about the Herbology class, and all the 'magnificently majestic' plants inside. A boy with blue eyes and wispy brown hair went on about the library. Another girl with braided course black hair and brown eyes asked him question after question, answering her own questions after she got an answer. 

Once the students got their schedules, and were released to go, the crowd of kids around Percy did not go away. Annabeth laughed behind her hand as she saw Percy being swept away. Luna giggled then explained that they had the next class with them anyways. That's what had Annabeth fixing the strap of her bag, pushing her hair behind her ear, and walking with Luna to Herbology. 

Percy and Annabeth paired up to tackle the magical plants. At the end they earn both of their houses five points each, answering questions. They did as good as the others that had been working with these since they were eleven. Transfiguration went extremely well for them as well, both getting it within the first half of class, again earning points. 

Potions went in Percy's favor, and he told Annabeth what to do. The water in the cauldron seemed to tell him what to do, what to add and when to stir-everything. Annabeth and Percy did the spells in Defense Against the Dark Art, without problems. Their demigod magic making everything much easier to them. 

Their very beings were infused with magic, everything that they were told to do came naturally. 

In the end, they were the talk of the castle, teacher and student alike. And as they smiled to each other before dinner, they both thought that this mission might just well be the easiest they had ever been sent on.