Let the Games Begin: Jake Gelb

I try to stay a positive person, I do, but I'm going into the Hunger Games. I'm extremely clumsy, and I have the worst luck. Of course I do, i'm here. But, that combination will ensure an early death for me.
I've noticed a alliance forming during training, but I wasn't asked to join. I don't blame them. I couldn't kill if it came to it. And in The Games, it's kill or be killed.
The morning of The Hunger Games, I wake up late and am immediately taken to the plane to the arena. As I look around I see a mixture of emotions. The people who are intent on winning, like both the tributes from 2; the people who just want to survive as long as they can, like the girls from 4 and 12; and those who have completely given up, like the boy from 8.
I though I was going to throw up when the plane took off. I had never been in a plane before, and knowing this might be my last time made me feel sick. We finally landed and I was escorted into a private room with a tube in the center.
I walked in the tube and the floor under me started to rise. I looked up and the bright white light mixed with the change of altitude made me have to sneeze. The light went away and before I knew it, there was a sharp noise of the timer counting down the games. I felt the urge to sneeze again, but I tried to hold it back until later. I suddenly got very dizzy and had to sneeze. I sneezed and lost my balance. I suddenly felt the ground slip from below me, and I knew this was the end for me. I closed my eyes and suddenly felt an overwhelming pain everywhere. I heard a cannon and then I lost consciousness.