The Games Day 1: Alyson Miller

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I know they only included me in their alliance because I'm small and look really young and that could get us sponsors. But they don't know I've always been good at hiding. Obviously, because of my size, I can hide anywhere. And I know how to blend in with my surroundings. My first strategy was to just hide out until everybody else killed each other off. But I soon realized the gamemakers would never let me do that. Luckily, I found people to help protect me. I know I can't win. I've got no shot. But I want to go home. And not in a wooden box.
As the timer starts counting down I get ready. I contemplate not even going towards the cornucopia, but I should at least try to get food. All of a sudden, a boy, I think he's from seven, falls off of his platform and explodes! I feel bad, he seemed nice. But nice won't win The Hunger Games. He was competition. Now I have a better shot of winning. I hate to think like that, but if it will get me home, I will.
The timer goes off. The Hunger Games have begun. I take off towards the cornucopia and grab three backpacks before booking it towards the forest. I decide to hide and wait for everybody else. I get behind a tree and wait. Eventually they all walk by. By the sound of their conversation, they were looking for me and they were about to give up. I sighed and walked out from be hind the tree. As they all are me Josh starts yelling. To my relief, before he gets three sentences out, Jadynn tackles him and shuts him up. Once he finally quits trying to talk, Austin comes up to me and says, "So you were hiding the whole time? You're more talented than we thought." Somehow, nobody seems mad at me. I guess Josh's yelling made them mad at him rather than me. I can't tell yet how this is going to turn out, but maybe I might actually make a friend in the midst of all this. No, I remind myself, nobody's my friend here, just my competitors.