Chapter 1: Thief

"Kabir this place is beautiful! You are the best travel buddy, ever!" Abhay clicked for more pictures as groups of people and him made their way down the streets of Dehradun. This place was beautiful, the mountains covered in between clouds of fog, the river shimmering in the sunlight, the lakes reflecting the sky and mountains, and the weather... it was just perfect. It was as if they had walked into a photo shoot for a movie. The scenery was, just breathtaking.

"See I told you Abhay, if we listened to that travel agent and went to Mumbai, all we would have seen are buildings and crowds of people. I f***ing hate crowds. Plus, we would have had to stay in hotels. But now we can crash into my uncle's house." Kabir said as he handed Abhay a clay teacup from the tea stall. "I will make sure you have the best trip here, so when we go back to New York all you will remember is Dehradun.

Abhay looked at the clay teacup wondering if he wanted to take a sip. Abhay has been born and brought up in America and this was his first time visiting India. His father was so proud that finally, his son was embracing his motherland, but his mom Katlin was a bit upset. Katlin never visited India and she often avoided taking part in Indian functions that her mother-in-law would set up. She tried her best to keep her sons out of those unorthodox traditions. Only his youngest, Abhay had a rebel streak and doing what he was not to, made him very happy.

"Stop staring at the cup, you won't die. Once you drink from a clay pot in this cold weather you would forget regular cups." Abhay rolled his eyes at Kabir's comment.

"Sipping tea from a clay cup, hum indeed a new experience." Abhay takes a sip as he walks toward a vendor's stall. Kabir was already too busy checking out the local girls. "Kabir I think you can go site seeing later it would be better we find that uncle of yours." It didn't matter what Abhay said to Kabir because he already began to follow the girls into the city. Abhay tried to follow Kabir by pushing through the crowd when he felt a hand in his pocket. "Pickpocketing me I don't think so." Abhay murmured under his breath as he grabbed the stranger's hand, twisted the person, and pulled them to face him.

Her soft hands passed through Abhay's, she began to fall. But before she could fall Abhay grasped her with his other hand. Her eyes were closed but realizing she didn't fall she opened them. Instead of being afraid of being caught she just stared back at Abhay smiling. Finally, she spoke,

"Your eyes, they are a beautiful blue

"Your eyes, they are a beautiful blue." Abhay just looked at her giving her a weird look, it wasn't the first time someone said something about his eyes. He had his mother's eyes. But this girl just blurts out what's in her mind. While judging her Abhay didn't realize she had taken one of his arm near her mouth. Within seconds, she bit his hand and she ran into the crowd. Abhay pulled his hand back in shock. Her bite didn't hurt Abhay but he just stood there as he watched her ran away. Her curly locks bouncing behind her.

"Bro, what happened? Come on man I am trying to set us with some desi beauties and you are standing here." Kabir said as he ran over to Abhay.

"I just got pickpocketed.... that girl stole my wallet," Abhay said pointing at the distance.

"It's okay get used to it. It's India, you lucky it was only your wallet and not your heart." Kabir continued as he flirted with more girls walking by. "Let's go to uncle Dobriyal's house."

"Bro, my ID was in that wallet. I need to get it back." Abhay said ready to follow the mystery girl into the crowd.

"Abhay your passport and your legal papers are in the luggage. You can remake your ID when you get back to New York. Let's go to my uncle's house. I am starving, you have to try Madhu Aunty's cooking, she is the best." Kabir pulled Abhay away with him.

'Fine let's go. But I swear if I see that girl again she is totally in for it. Abhay grinded his teeth.

"Okay, okay, Mr. Angry young man. Let's go now." Kabir teased as he ran ahead of Abhay.

So this is your uncle's house huh." Abhay said as he checked out the three-story bungalow Kabir brought him too. "Pretty cool, I might take my time and paint some images later on." Abhay lifted both of his hands and made a frame focus around the house.

"There goes the artist. You would really get along with my older cousin Panchi. You two can talk about your imagination all day." Kabir moved in front of him opening the gates into the lawn. "I also have a younger cousin, but she is strange, not in a bad way. Just a bit quiet, I don't know if she is still the same. Also stay away from that friend of hers. A wild child I tell you. Honestly, I wonder why their friendship has lasted this long."

"You don't like her friend?" Abhay asked as Kabir pushed the doorbell.

"Like, the last time I saw her five years ago she poured glue in my sneakers because I called her Chotque (little one). I had to get my mom to buy me a new pair She is honestly a jung..." Kabir was hit hard in the face with a flying sneaker as the front doors opened.

"Missed me, Thakur." A girl in a sports tee and shorts walked out. She had one sneaker on and a big grin on her face as she made a gun signal with both her hands at Kabir.

"Misha!" Kabir yelled as he got up. He picked up the sneaker and began to run after Misha. "You aren't getting away this time Misha." Kabir ran after Misha into the house. Abhay looked at both Kabir and Misha and smiled. He picked up both his and Kabir's bag and walked into the house.

Abhay placed the bags on the side of the hall and took his shoe off, when he saw his thief. She was standing in the other corner of the hallway with a flower vase.

Abhay opened his mouth in shock and so did she

Abhay opened his mouth in shock and so did she. "You!" they both replied in unison.

Author's Note: So Hi readers just trying something different with a lighter romance for Abhiya from my Dark Romance from Tangled in Time. Do let me know what you think. So for now please do vote and comment. Original Images belong to star India.

Ps: if those who read Tangled in Time notice a scene similar from chapter 7, I really liked that scene so I wanted to retry it with another plotline.