Fairy Tail

"Ugh!!!" It was the next day. School was over and I sat down at the desk in the living room with a pencil in my hand. I tapped the pencil slightly on the side of my cheek. I groaned in frustration as I leaned my head back, "ughhhhhh!!!!! This is so frustrating!" I grabbed the sides of my head. "What's wrong?" Natsu sent me jumping a little in the chair. I peered behind my right shoulder. "Oh, this homework. I don't understand any of it!!" Natsu reached his hand for my paper and turned it so he could read it. "I mean you did join half way through the year."

    "Oh this here?" He pointed at his paper. "You have to use the quadratic equation. Which is x equals the opposite of B, plus, or minus, (it depends), then you do the square root of B squared minus FourAC over TwoA. It's simple." He stared at the ceiling. My mouth dropped in amazement. "Natsu! I'm begging you...please tutor me!"

"Hmmm...." Natsu thought. He then looked down at my pleading eyes and smirked, "alright but you'll have to do something for me when I ask." I nodded my head in agreement.

-
"Ooooh!!! I get it now. The B is the Y- Intercept! So now all I have to do is Times 2 by 14 and divide that by the 172. Alright!" Natsu handed me a calculator. I pressed buttons and everything. "6.14". Natsu slid my paper towards him again. "Nope."

"What do you mean! I know I'm right." He shook his head. "The correct answer is 43.20."

My eyes narrowed in confusion. "How did you get to that conclusion?"!

He sighed, "the y- intercept is 7, right. A is 6. And C is 12."

"Wait wait! How did you get C as 12. I thought it was 14?"

"No. What you did was add instead of subtract."

"But the notes say to add" I opened my binder to and grabbed out my notes from class. "See?" I handed him the notes.

"Lucy.  You only add when it's a positive."

My eyes lit up. "Oh my god! Of course!" I groaned.  "Can we take a break?" I suggested. He nodded. I recommended to watch a movie. "I've never seen this one." Natsu glared in confusion. "I seen it a long time  ago. A celestial mage meets a girl who has a pet bird. They go on adventure and it's just so amazing!! I love Phoenix Priestess." My eyes lit up with enthusiasm. Natsu closed his eyes as he leaned back against the couch. "Where is happy anyways?" I asked, completely forgetting his existence.

"Oh. He ran into this girl named Carla and he's totally head over heels for her."

"Carla?" I asked in confusion.

"Is she friends with Wendy?" I continued to bombard him with questions. He stared at me with confusion, "uh yeah. How did you know?"

"Remember when we went to register me to Fairy Tail High?" I asked. He nodded. Continuing, I said, "while you were talking with that Pink haired girl, I was talking with Mrs. Grandeeney. She was really nice and sweet! Anyways, she talked about her daughter Wendy and Wendy's best friend, Carla."

"Oh."

The movie started as I got up and turned off the lights. My eyes widened as the word FairyTail stretched across the screen. Unknowingly, a tear managed it's way down my cheek. Natsu pointed it out. "Hey why are you crying?" My eyes opened in confusion, not even knowing I was crying. My hand reached up to my cheek and the wetness of the tear startled me.

"Fairy Tail..."

This wasn't a same-name-as-the-school-I-now-go-to-what-a-coincidence type of feeling. It was more...special