Chapter 16

*Harry's POV*

"Jane?" The words barely fall out of my mouth. She had sworn to never come near me again, after what I had done to her. Why is she even here? And how in the world did she know I was here? Everyone else in the room is silent. They're all not sure what to say. My eyes go to Layla. She probably has no idea who this girl is. The girl who caused me so much pain, but I too caused her some. Does Layla know anything about her? I don't think she does. Who would have told her? She looks so confused right now. Her eyebrows are scrunched together on top of her beautiful green eyes. She is the only one in the room who isn't staring at me as if I'm some sort of a freak show. She is looking around the room, trying to figure out what is going on.

"Fancy seeing you here?" she says, her voice soft as velvet, yet wicked as I remember it.

I really have no clue what to say to her. My mind goes blank and my mouth hangs open. I feel like I did the first time I saw her. And the first time I saw Layla. And she knows how it is. And she's going to take advantage of that. And I have no control over my body right now.

She takes her long slender fingers and brings them up to my chin. She leans my head back and she brings her face close to mine. The only thing my eyes can see is Layla sitting on the couch looking horrified. The feeling comes back into my body and I take a step back, releasing myself from her grasp. She looks surprised and confused at my actions. I'm surprised and confused myself.

"What the fuck do you want, Jane?" I spit. She looks at me as if I'm an animal.

She walks over to me, her hips shaking the way that I remember.

"I think you know what I want, Harry", she says, looking at me seductively.

I have no earthly idea what she wants. I feel my blood boil and I don't know why. Is it because of the way she's acting? Or is it because the way I remember how I felt when she told me all those things. After I told her how I felt and she just abandoned me. And I couldn't let her just walk on me like that. I did things I regret and I hope that Layla will understand, but as for now, I need to get her, and myself, out of this fucking house.

"Layla, we're fucking leaving", I say and I see her scramble to get up.

I run to her side and help her stand up with her crutches. I really need to get out of here and she is taking too damn long. I finally decide to scoop her up, crutches and all. I carry her out to the car, hearing Zayn behind us. I stop to see what he wants.

"Dude, you two don't have to leave. I can make her leave", he tells me. Layla has been quiet this whole time, until she says, "What just happened?"

Zayn looks at her confused then looks at me.

"Maybe you should leave", he says and I clench my jaw. "And maybe you two should talk about this", he half whispers once I turn back towards my car.

I bring Layla quickly and place her in the front seat and throw her crap in the back. She stays quiet for a while, she can sense my mood.

Who the fuck does Jane think she is just showing up like that? Why does she think she can do this to me and play me? She didn't fucking want me earlier, and then she shows up and tries to kiss me. She left me, when all I needed was her. But the tables have changed. I no longer need her sorry ass. And the only one I need is sitting in the seat right next to me, looking scared. I reach my hand over and place it on her thigh.

"I'm sorry", I say and she places her hand on top of mine.

"You really need to tell me what's going on", she says sweetly.

"I will, I will', I tell her. I feel agitated and I know that I shouldn't be taking this out on her.

My hand stays resting on her thigh the rest of the way home. We finally make it to my apartment and I help her out of the car and we walk in the front doors of the building. I start up the stairs. I'm about halfway up the first flight of stairs when I hear her. I turn around to see her standing there with a smirk on her face. I mentally face palm myself and go meet her. I scoop her up and carry her up the many, many flights of stairs. She doesn't weigh much, but she is starting to get heavy. I have about two more flights of stairs before we reach my apartment. Wow, I really need to start working out more. Once I finally reach my apartment, I set her down and pull out my keys to unlock the door.