Chapter 22

School finally let out a few days ago and Harry’s mum is going to be here tomorrow.  He’s stressing out, picking everything in his apartment up and putting it back down.  He’s dusted at least three times in the last hour and I’m pretty sure that if I don’t stop him, he will rip out his hair.  I think that Gemma is going to stay at his apartment on the sofa and his mum and Robin are staying at a nearby hotel.  I’m anxious to meet them, though I’ve talked to his mum a few times since the first time she called.  She’s claims to be just as nervous about them coming as he is.

His fingers braid through his hair and I notice, so I go to his side, attempting to prevent him from yanking his hair out. 

“Hey, calm down Styles”, I tell him reaching up and pulling his hands from his hair.  “Let’s go take a nap.”

I entangle our fingers and start towards the room, but he doesn’t budge.

“I can’t take a nap!  There’s so much more that needs to be cleaned and I need to go to the grocery store and get a turkey or something and some of that stuffing crap that goes inside and I need to buy some new sheets for the pull out sofa”, he goes on and on about everything that needs to be done.  I am honesty considering drugging him or something if he doesn’t shut up.

“Fine.  It’s like two.  Let’s go to the store and get the turkey and everything else and then we can take a nap.  Sound good?”  He nods and I grab my keys and we head down his many flights of stairs.  Once we get to the bottom, I go to the driver’s side and he eyes me.  But there is no way that I’m going to let him drive when he is all stressed like this/

“You are not driving today mister.”

We head toward Walmart, the sound of music filling my car.  I didn’t even know that Harry’s couch had a pull out bed.

“Wait, your couch has a pull out bed?” I ask turning to him while stopped at a light.

“Yeah, why?”

“The first time I slept at your house I slept on the plain sofa and you didn’t even suggest I pull out the bed”, I say.  Well, I sort of scream.  And he has the nerve to start laughing at me.

“Do you think that I actually wanted you to sleep on that couch?” he giggles.  And it makes me blush.

“Yes”, I tell him. 

“I was hoping you wouldn’t like the couch and you would come and climb in bed with me, which you did”, he says with a smug grin.

“I only came because I was scared! It was thundering and lightning, and if it hadn’t been, there is no way I would’ve came to bed with you”, I tell him, but it isn’t wholly true.

I probably would have ended up with him in there anyway.

We pull up to Walmart and find a parking spot at the back of the parking lot.  I really do despise Walmart, but it seems to be the closest thing.  We walk from the far parking space to the doors and into the store.  Harry grabs a shopping cart and I grab on to the side of it.  I always tend to do that, I have since I was young.  Harry looks at my hand holding on and he raises a single eyebrow.

“Are you scared to get lost?” he asks me.   I quickly let go of the cart and intertwine one of my hands with his.

We walk to the back and look through the frozen things.  We find a good sized turkey after calling my mom and asking her all about it, because we didn’t know what we were looking for. We got pretty much everything else we needed, including sheets.

By the time we get back to his flat, it’s about four thirty.  We put everything away and put the sheets on the bed.

“Can we take a nap, now?” I ask with a pouty lip.