Chapter 21

*Layla's POV*

I can't believe its December already. November flew by. We had a little gathering with just my mom, her boyfriend, me, and Harry for Thanksgiving. Harry doesn't really celebrate Thanksgiving, for obvious reasons, but he said he enjoyed the dinner. I've gotten used to my mom's boyfriend, I mean; he's here all the time. But I guess he's a nice guy. I don't think I'll ever get over the way I first met him. It was weird and I saw his butt, but anyway.

I do believe Harry is coming over. I think we're just going to go hang out at his house. That's all we've been doing lately. And I've done my best not to talk about Jake in front of him, but it's hard considering he is my only other friend. And I know it makes Harry mad.

But we haven't run into Jane anywhere, which is good. But the other day we were driving by the park and her and Niall were sitting on a bench talking. They weren't like sitting close or anything, they were just talking. It was pretty odd. I need to call him about that.

I walk down stairs; my mom's boyfriend is chilling in the kitchen, reading the newspaper while drinking his morning coffee.

"Good morning Layla", he says looking over the top of the paper.

"Good morning Jim."

I have to admit, he is an attractive man for his age, and he is quite nice. My mom picked a good one.

"What are your plans for the day?" he asks me.

"I think I'll probably be spending it with Harry, like I do every Saturday. Why?"

"Will you be staying the night?" I nod. "I'm planning a dinner for your mother. It is our four month anniversary and she's been stressed at work and I figured you would be gone tonight. But can you do me a favor and not tell her, I want it to be a surprise."

I'm glad he's doing this for her. She really does deserve it. The woman works hard.

"I think she'll love it Jim", I tell him.

"Good", he says as I hear Harry's boots approach the kitchen.

I run to meet him in the hall before he enters. I hurry and wrap my arms around him as he plants a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"Good morning", he tells me.

"Good morning", I reply.

He leans down and presses a soft kiss to my lips.

"You ready?" he asks. I nod and he takes my hand and pulls me to his car.

When we arrive at his apartment, we go up the stairs and I plop on the couch once we enter. I grab the remote off of the table and flip one some random channel.

"Did you eat?" I hear from the kitchen.

"No!" I holler back. I hear his loud shoes come into the living room.

"Do you want some eggs or something?"

"Sure."

He walks back into the kitchen. I have gotten a lot more comfortable here in the past few weeks. I'm here pretty often, or he's at my house. He's been going there every day when I get home from school ever since the Jake thing. I don't blame him for being jealous, though. It sort of flatters me.

Maybe I should take the time of Harry cooking to call Niall about Jane. I find my phone from my bag and call him. He picks up on the third or fourth ring.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Hey Niall."

"Layla? Not to be rude or anything, but why are you calling?"