Chapter Twenty Three: Funk Part One

A/N: I do not own anything besides Amelia St. James and any other original characters which includes her parents, aunt, and uncle.

This weekend Rachel came over as usual, but Jesse sat us down so he could speak to us. "I just want you guys to be ready for anything that happens this week or next week," He begins. "VA has a tradition of funkification, where we put the competition in a funk. You guys are our competition this year, and I don't want anything to happen to either of you," He explains. "I have no idea what they want to do, but something is going to happen. Rach, they target you but they probably won't tell me anything, so just be careful okay," "Understood, but what do you guys usually do?" She asks. "What we do is different every time," He tells her. "I'll keep an eye on her, they won't mess me unless they want to deal with you," I tell him.

Shortly after that, I left for dance practice. Jeff was being his hyper idiotic self as usual, but that's why I loved him. Miss Addi, even allowed Nick to be in the studio so he could watch us. Nick wasn't allowed in the studio very often because he almost always made Jeff distracted but Jeff promised to work extra hard so Nick could stay. When dance rehearsal was over, Nick, Jeff and I left to go get something to eat. We went to McDonald's because of chicken nuggets. Nick ended up throwing a ketchup-covered fry at Jeff and he threw a pickle at me. I threw a fry at him and Jeff refused to kiss him. After that we all went home, well Nick and Jeff went to Jeff's house while I went home. It was around three when I arrived home. Jesse and Rachel were in the basement watching movies, I went to my room and read a book.

After lunch on Monday, I was walking with Mercedes, Artie, Kurt, and Tina when Mercedes started talking. "Is it just me or does it feel like we have a real shot at Regionals in two weeks?" "The Ohio show choir chat rooms have been buzzing about how Vocal Adrenaline has lost a step," Artie says. "I agree, the judges know their tricks and now that we have Jesse, they've lost their best performer," Kurt explains. It has been an entire week since Jesse transferred back, how have they not noticed him not being here. Rachel then ran in front of us, "You guys have to come to the auditorium. It's an emergency," She tells us. At that the moment I got a text from Jesse that said play along with Rachel. Looks like VA has made their move.

All of the glee club kids enter the auditorium to see VA on our stage, they were in the costumes from their Sectionals. Jesse walked to the front center stage, he didn't look about doing this. Rachel looked at me before Jesse started speaking. "Jesse, what are you doing up there with them?" She asks. You couldn't tell she was acting unless you knew what was going on. "I've transferred back to Carmel High, Rachel. I'm sorry that it's come to this, but you guys were awful to me. You never accepted me, you never listened to my clearly superior ideas," He states. He was playing his role so well, with only me and Rachel being able to see past it because we knew the truth. "Why are you here in our auditorium?" Finn asks. "The blogs and chat rooms say that we're finished and that you guys are right to topple us. We just wanted to show you something that we came up with to see if you agree with that assessment," he explains.

He walks to his spot, all them got ready. They were in their spots for 'Another One Bites The Dust,' The music started confirming what I thought. They did even better job this time then what they did at their Sectionals if even possible. Jesse kept his game face on the entire song, everyone looked convinced. Rachel also kept her show face on, not breaking even once. When the song was over, Giselle was the one to speak first. "Thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium guys, it's quaint," With that most of VA started leaving the stage, Giselle was almost off when she turned around, "Hey little St. James, you're always welcome to come switch sides," "Maybe when you're actually able to keep up with everybody else I will," I tell her. She stormed off after that. Jesse staggered behind for a moment, looking at Rachel before finally leaving the stage. I think he hated doing that, Rachel means so much to him.