Chapter Twenty Four: Funk Part Two

A/N: I do not own anything besides Amelia St. James and any other original characters which includes her parents, aunt, and uncle.

I texted Rachel before I went to first-period, I just let her know that she is going to kill Broadway if she keeps this act up. She and I have actually gotten really close, well once you look past her diva tendencies that is. When I walked into glee after lunch, everybody was there except for Mr. Schue. But not a moment after I sat down, he was in the room. He doesn't say anything but he grabs the marker and writes on the board. "Funk. Use it in a sentence. Come on, Rachel," He says. "This cheese smells funky," She says. "That's because it's 'fromunda' cheese," Puck says with a weird hand gesture. "Shut it Puckerman!" Rachel snaps. I laughed a little at that. "Okay, okay. I was thinking more along the lines of Vocal Adrenaline has sure put us all in a funk," Mr. Schue explains. "I'm so depressed, I've worn the same outfit twice this week," Kurt states.

"Amelia, the floor is yours," Mr. Schue says as he gestures to the floor. "What if I told you I knew how we could shove it right back down their throats? New Directions is about to make their funk the P-Funk. We are gonna get funked up. The only way to do that is to beat them at Regionals. Vocal Adrenaline has never once done a funk number. They're a machine, a collective, synthesized, soulless beat. Funk is soul meets anger. Its passion is in its emotion, and Vocal Adrenaline doesn't perform with any," I state. "So you have your assignment. I want you guys to turn McKinley High into Funkytown," Mr. Schue finishes. We started laughing at Mr. Schue when sang Funkytown. "You guys can relax. I got this one covered," Mercedes states. "Cool," Mr. Schue tells her. "Hold on a second. I want a chance to get funky too," Quinn announces.

"Good one, Quinn. It even sounds funny when you say it," Mercedes tells her. "You guys said funk was about soul and anger. I have plenty of both. Look at me. Look at my life. I'm furious!" She explains. "When white people try to be funky, you end up with K.C. and the sunshine band," Mercedes states with laughter in her voice. "I love Boogie Shoes," Artie says. "Mercedes' racism aside I will have something prepared tomorrow," Quinn tells everybody. "Alright, Quinn goes first,"

I helped Quinn with her number a bit during the after-school session of glee. It was after Cheerios practice and I was looking for Uncle Daniel, I didn't see his car anywhere. I kept looking around and then Aunt Vanessa pulled up. "Daniel is on standby for Jesse, since the Rover is in the shop getting new tires, that's why he is not here," she explains. "Okay," We get home and I help with dinner. Uncle Daniel ends up leaving about 30 minutes after we arrived home.

Wednesday, was the same. Quinn sang 'It's a Man's Man's Man's World,' she had contacted a few other unwed mothers they danced behind her. It was a little weird, but it made her performance really good. We didn't have practice after school, Coach Sylvester called it off last night with a text message to all the Cheerios. I was climbing into Aunt Vanessa's vehicle when I got another text from Coach Sue stating that practice would be canceled again tomorrow and all the way up until the end of next week. I told Aunt Vanessa what the text said, and she asked what about our Nationals, I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know if we were still gonna go.

When I got to school the next day, all the other Cheerios were confused and crying. I stood next to Kurt, we're the only Cheerios right now that looked normal. The others had their ponytails looking crap, uniforms were put on wrong. "Kurt, Amelia, what is going on around here?" Mr. Schue asks. "Coach Sylvester won't get out of bed, we haven't had practice in two days," Kurt explains. "I'm fine because of dance and gymnastics but these girls have sort of lost it. No Nationals means that four of the girls will lose their college scholarships and the rest are just depressed and confused," I stated. "It's really hard to feel bad for Sue Sylvester, she doesn't need another trophy but some these girls, they really do," Kurt adds.