Chapter Seventeen: Laryngitis Part One

A/N: Sorry the late update. Here is chapter 17, enjoy! Also I do not own anything besides Amelia St. James and any other original characters which includes her parents, aunt, and uncle. 

Monday came along and it was back into the old routine for the week, this time I actually had to do my hair myself, it actually ended up looking pretty decent. It took me four attempts to get it right, but oh well. When I was ready, Uncle Daniel drove me to school, it felt like Jesse was back at Carmel, but I knew he wasn't. I entered the school and found Brittany and Santana waiting by my locker. "Come on, Mr. Schue wants to talk to everybody before school starts. We enter the room and everybody is there except Jesse and Puck.

Not a moment later, some dude comes walking into the choir, well it wasn't some dude, it was Puck. He didn't have his mohawk though, it was buzzed, completely gone. Brittany leaned into Santana's side and asked her something but I couldn't hear it. He didn't tell us why it was gone, and we didn't bother to ask questions. Everything was going well until Rachel opened her mouth, "Amelia, where's Jesse?" She asked. Everybody started looking around for said senior. "Yeah, where he?" Artie questioned. "Well, if I am correct, he is in California getting a tour UCLA right now, and then discussing what he needs to do in order to keep his scholarship since he transferred school. Then in about two days, he will be in New York, meeting with people from NYU and Tisch about the same thing," I told them.

School was the same, nothing ever really seemed to change unless it was glee club related. "I am very disappointed in you guys," Mr. Schue stated once glee club started after school. "I can't believe you narked on us," Finn stated while looking at Rachel. "Don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness," She snapped at him, before turning to face the rest of the club. "I'm tired of carrying all of your weight. Regionals are a month away, guys," She finished. "I'm just trying to understand what's going on here." Mr. Schue started. He turned to look at Finn, "Finn, why did you stop singing? He asked. "'Cause you started giving all the male leads to Jesse. Kind of shook my confidence, you know?" Finn explained. "What difference does it make? Everyone knows that my job here is to look hot," Santana states from her seat next to me and Puck. "My baby hormones are making me moody," Quinn says. "There are so many lyrics," Brittany announces.

"Okay, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. A glee club is a myriad of voices coming together as one, alright? This ends now, which is why your assignment for the week is for each of you to come up with a song that best represents how you see yourself where you are in your lives right now, your voice. Then you're going to stand up here and sing your hearts out. All of you," Mr. Schue states. "Solos? In front of everyone?" Kurt asks. "The glee club has lost its voice. It's time for us to get it back," Mr. Schue announces.

I went to Cheerios practice after that, it was the same old, same old, except Kurt wasn't there but oh well. Nothing ever really happens in Cheerios as well. The drama seems to avoid us, probably because everybody knows better than to mess with us. After practice, Uncle Daniel arrived to take me home. Yep, it feels like it did earlier in the year already. Once we arrived home, I got changed and headed to gymnastics practice, because of my school schedule, Cheerios, and now glee, all my dance and gymnastics classes happened once a week with one exception. I only saw Miss Addi, my dance teacher twice a week. Once for my duet lessons with Jeff, then my private lessons, which vary from tap, hip-hop, jazz, and aero. Then during the summer, I take ballet lessons, practicing on my own at home on technique, and doing competitions.

When gymnastics was over, I was picked up once again and then we ate dinner. After I showered, I called Jesse. "Hey Lia, how was school?" He asked once he picked up. "Good, Rachel ratted out some people in glee club but other than that it was normal," "Who did she rat out and why?" "Finn, Quinn, Santana, Brittany, and Puck, why, for not singing during warm-ups," I explain. "Huh, what did Schue do about it?" "Lectured, then gave us some assignment, oh speaking of Puck, his mohawk is gone, shaved it off," "Did he really," "Yep, didn't tell anyone why," "Hmm, how was gymnastics?" "Same old, same old, how California?" "Amazing, I love the sun, the atmosphere here is so....different, it amazing," "but it probably just makes the choice harder in the end, doesn't it?" Yes, it does," "How's Aunt Vanessa, she isn't missing Uncle Daniel too much is she?" "She's fine, in the shower in right," "Okay, I miss you, Jess, tell Aunt Vanessa that I love her, I have to go, I have homework to do," "I will. Love you, sis, talk to you later," With that the phone call ended, I grabbed my bookbag, and pulled out my homework. Whoever invented homework can rot in hell.