Chapter 2: The unexpected and inexperienced aftermath

So here's the deal. I had never felt like this before, all broken-hearted and messed up with a turmoil of emotions, so I actually didn't know what to do when I got home. As an instinct, I ignored my mom because if you knew my mom, she would give this whole conversation about puberty and boys, and heck, did I not want that. But as I said, I didn't know what broken-hearted girls do in the 21st Century. I was well aware that during Victorian times it was all about crying at the edge of your bed, staring guiltily at yourself in the mirror.

So, since I wasn't informed, I asked my best friend.

Google.

As a reply, I got that the best part was eating barrels of ice-cream and watching stupid romantic movies, but I wanted to try something new, and decided to see the outcomes of writing an essay with your heart broken to pieces.

Yes, I am that dorky.

Dorky to the level that words were more healing than sugar itself.

I eventually finished the essay after pouring my brain on the page and set homework aside.

I have to confess, I broke down, and yes, just like in Victorian times, I walked to the edge of my bed to soak it in salty tears of pain. My chest frantically rose up and down, sobbing without control, trying not to think of the aftermath of what had just happened in school... I had screwed, I had screwed up... I couldn't help but think of that. Now our friendship would be thrown to the toilet, lost forever as it flushed away. Now Anthony would think I'm a total ass who can just think of herself. I just couldn't help getting all these negative thoughts. My life was literally rubbish right now.

And as fast as I had started sobbing, my phone rang, making me jump out of my skin.

Who could be calling me right now? After all my show and tantrums I hadn't really thought about people calling. It's not like anyone would like to speak to a freak.

I awkwardly stood up, reaching for my phone that was jumping as it buzzed on the table. Rapidly, I flicked the screen open and was surprised to see it was Mark, the person whose shirt was now disgustingly wet with my buggers. I decided to pick up, he was a nice person to talk to at this point, I realized.

"Hello?" I said in a soft, moaning tone.

"Hey, Avril, how are things going? Ever since the end of DT I've been wondering how you are managing. It's not every day you get stabbed in the back by your two best friends"

Huh, that seemed ironic, I wasn't the only one who thought those two people were total scumbags.

"Well, you know, not so good since my heart has been thrown out of the one thousandth floor, but out of that I'm doing fine, thanks for asking" I replied in a witty voice, trying not to sound completely destroyed.

"Ok, so you don't sound so bad" he said, with....relief?

"Yeah I guess" I replied trying not to show my curiosity for him caring about a stupid little girl like me.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I know how it feels to lose everyone you trust. But I just want you to know, no matter what happens, you can blurt out your love rage on me, I can easily survive that" he chuckled on the last word.

That made me smile. Apparently I'm not alone after all.

"Thanks, I really appreciate you calling Mark" curiosity was now gurgling inside my stomach. I had to throw it up. "Hey, Mark, I was just wondering... Why you are calling? I usually don't expect phone calls from anyone except my mom, dad, Anthony or Samantha" the last two names feel empty to me now, I could still picture them holding hands in the hallway.