ᵒ⁷. ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ ᶜʰⁱˡᵈʳᵉⁿ.

༉˚*ೃ ᵒ⁷. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍!

𝐒𝐎, 𝐒𝐀𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 in a lot of pain. She was gripping her right ankle, foot propped up next to her knee as she carefully wrapped a bandage around it. A grimace had overtaken her features, gnawing on the inner side of her cheek as she tried to ignore how much it hurt.

          She was wearing her favourite nightgown—the yellow one, of course. It still had a single drop of red blood on it from the night before, but she had left her place in such a rush that she hadn't been bothered to wash it off, and that could be ignored for now. Her fingers shakily secured the bandage.

          The girl was sat cross-legged on Steve's bed, wet hair draped carelessly over her back and a towel wrapped around her shoulders for extra comfort. Her hands were looped in her lap when Steve returned from his own shower. His brown hair was wet, water still dripping down the curve of his neck. The boy had chucked on some kind of old band t-shirt—Sar assumed he probably usually slept shirtless, and didn't want to make her uncomfortable—and plaid pyjama pants that almost matched the patterns of his wall.

          Sar straightened her back, wanting to be respectful even as her bandaged foot rested on his duvet. He came to sit on the bed to her right, leaving a fair amount of distance between them even as they faced each other. Now, out of the panic of it all, Sar finally got to actually take in what he looked like. He was pretty, in a classic jock kind of way. His jaw was a little sharp, nose pronounced but overall attractive, and his eyes a sweet shade of caramel brown, like lovely, fresh earth after rain. Sar didn't stare, of course she didn't, but the thing that Sar finally noticed was that, yes, Steve wasn't so bad on the eyes. "Alright," he said, and Sar blinked her blue eyes at him. "So, we should probably talk about what just happened." She was already beginning to pick up on the way he jolted his hands when he was nervous.

          "Actually, I kind of—... I kind of didn't tell the whole truth, earlier," fessed up Sar, fingers toying with the freshly applied bandage on her foot. Steve looked curiously at her and she exhaled. "About how I ran into the monster, I mean. It wasn't just wandering in the woods. It was— This is going to sound bat-shit insane, and I know we barely know each other, but we just both got chased by a fucking monster so please don't think I'm crazy. There was, like, a hole in the ground that I found. And I was curious, so I went through it, and, well... On the other side was a kind of... parallel one to this one. I swear it was the same as ours, but it was dark, and there weren't any stars, and it was kind of hard to breathe. That's where the thing found me. It was eating a fox, so it must have been in this world before. I don't know. That's why I was..." Sar gestured to herself, her now-clean hair, "covered in slime."