What The Heck!?

Chapter 2: What The Heck!?

*Niall's POV*

It's with a sigh of relief that I take the first bite of my sandwich. It's been a while since the last time there has been decent human food in this house... I'm actually very thankful that Anabel is half human, because otherwise I'm pretty sure no one would think about getting proper food. I can't blame them though, they feed off of blood, so I guess they really don't have to think about it.

I take a seat on the couch and flick on the telly, hoping to find something interesting to watch, while eating my food. As I land on a good show, I hear the doorbell ring. I ignore it, and take another bite of my sandwich. The salty ham, with lettuce and tomato, is the only thing on my mind right now. I'm just so hungry. After a few more seconds, the door bell rings again. Is no one going to get that?

"Niall, can you get that?" Zayn shouts at me and I groan. Of course.. Why do I have to get it? I sigh and quickly take another bite out of my sandwich, while I get up from the couch. I reluctantly walk to the door, cursing the person who interrupted my meal under my breath. I swiftly unlock the door with a 'click' and tear it open. My eyes widen at the unexpected sight. There is a massive crowd of people just outside of the door. What the actual fuck!?

"What the..." I mutter as my eyes quickly scan the multiple people in front of me. Who are these people!?

"A human!" I hear someone scream and then, it's chaos. Are they.. Vampires? I look at one in particular, and notice the eyes. They're red. Shit, are they all vampires!?

Suddenly some vampires start leaping and pushing each other, trying to get to me. I quickly slam the door shut, pushing my back against it in fear. I can feel my own heart beating madly in panic, my eyes wide open. I'm going to die. Emma comes rushing down the stairs and looks at me in worry. In an instant I know that she saw.

"Niall! Are you okay?!" She asks and hugs me tight, taking me away from the door. Zayn walks in with a frown and opens the door once again as Emma and I both scream at him.

"STOP!" He ignores us, but I can see his eyes go wide. I see the vampires start to get fidgety again and you can hardly hear anything over the sound of their voices. That is until a single voice shuts them all up.

"Silence!" Immediately, the crowd bows down and keeps quiet. I glance at Zayn and Emma, wondering if they know what this is about. They clearly don't.

The rest of the boys come rushing to the door, having heard the loud shout. I look around, still scared about what will happen next. My eyes flicker to the sky, noticing a big bird flying towards us. It looks like it's going to crash, but none of the vampires try to help. As soon as the bird touches the ground, it transforms into a human form. Or a vampire, really. Well I was not expecting that. And I certainly wasn't expecting the vampire to look like a little kid.

"Stand up, Vampires!" She calls out to them. It definitely sounds like the voice who told everyone to be quiet. One of the vampires try to leap to the front again, most likely to eat me. My human scent is probably too strong for them to control. I tense up when the guy right next to the little girl snaps his neck and let's him fall to the ground. I gasp, not expecting that.

"Listen to the orders we give you!" He says loudly as a warning.

"What the hell is this?" I hear Louis whisper faintly. The little girl turns to us and smiles politely.

"Hi there fellow vampires. My brother and I are very sorry for their impolite behaviour." She walks right in with the guy, who I assume is her brother, closing the door behind them. I also notice she has a Scottish accent. Who the heck are these people!? They can't just show up at our doorstep uninvited, and just walk in without us inviting them in!

"Excuse us, but who exactly are you..?" Harry asks, frowning. The little girl giggles to herself and brushes away a feather from her baby blue t-shirt. I look up at her face and notice her eyes are different than the other vampires. She has piercing green, with specks of blue, amazing eyes. They shine out right at you! I'm surprised I didn't notice before. She isn't that tall, but she stands her ground. Her beautiful long blond wavy hair, resting behind her shoulders, cascading down her back.

"My name is Gabrielle, and this is my brother Dante. We're the eldest Vampires." She explains as Dante and her take a bow. I look at Dante, and notice that he too, looks young. Maybe 16? As he looks up, I notice that he also has piercing blue eyes, but they are pure blue, and pop out, since his hair is as black as a starless night sky. He looks tough. We all look at each other, not knowing what to do. This is all so confusing.

"I assume you didn't hear the call?" Dante speaks up and I notice he has an Irish accent like me, unlike his sister. We all shake our heads.

"What call? Sorry but before today, we didn't even know there were other vampires here!" Liam tells them and Dante's eyes widen comically.

"Oh. That is quite curious. The Vampire Community is bigger than ever right now." He says and his sister nods in agreement.

"And we are the ones who run it all." She says proudly. She doesn't look older than 10 for fuck sake's!

"Aren't you like five though?" I speak up. Gabrielle glares up at me and snaps.

"I'm ten, actually. But I am older than all of you. My brother and I have been vampires since before Jesus Christ was born. We're shape shifters, so you better shut your mouth before I change into an alligator and devour you." She tells me, making her brother laugh.

"Her age of appearance is kind of a sore subject for her." He explains and I nod, frightened by her anger.

"But what about that call?" Zayn is quick to change the subject. Suddenly, their faces become serious and their bodies tense up.

"A Demon has taken over this whole city. We believe they poisoned the human houses, stopping every form of human life." Gabrielle says and stares right at me. "You are lucky to live with vampires that protect you from that poison." She adds quickly before her brother continues.

"But why are they doing this?" Emma asks, her voice cracking halfway.

"To destroy the Vampires." The both of them say in unison.