24 | Anticipation

Male | Female
Main character | Secondary character

"Who can contain the anticipation of finally seeing their closest?"

***

Trudy was laying on the hospital bed. Her wrists were wrapped in a white bandage, and her cheeks were tear stained. However, when Trudy remembered Jeremy was coming, she wiped off her tears and forced a smile.

He doesn't deserve to be traumatized from day one, she thought.

Just the thought of him managed to twist her stomach in anticipation. Finally, Trudy would get the chance to see the friend she grew so close with during the past months. Her cheeks reddened in shyness, despite her dark skin, and she cursed herself for not being prepared.

Her long hair was a mess, and her face was tired with huge bags under her dreamy, brown eyes. Trudy had the right to be physically and emotionally drained, considering what happened to her, but decided to delay the sadness for later. She wouldn't deal with it then, Trudy decided.

A text message interrupted her thoughts.

My Charming Rescuer: Be there in seconds.

Her heart thumped loudly against her chest. Why am I getting so worked up? she thought, it's just a friend.

Deep down, Trudy knew Jeremy wasn't just a friend. He wasn't a lover either, but the best combination of the two.

"I'm here, My Snow Princess."

Trudy looked up, only for her mouth to hang wide open.

Standing there in front of the door, was a short ginger boy indeed. He had green eyes, and freckles. He was white and medium built.

Except he was ten.

"Excuse me?"

.
.
.
.
Please don't forget to vote!