nikki's past

When someone talks about their life, some people find it boring. Some people find it to be a waste of time. Some people just don't care. Nikki had never talked about events that happened while she lived. She never had a reason to talk about it. But when she met Max and Neil, she found a reason to.

They never asked her. She wanted to tell them. Why? She had no clue. Maybe it's because she was sick of holding all these emotions inside. She has been keeping them inside for a long, long time. They were only 13 at the time when she told. The day she told them about her previous life was the day of her father's death.

Both Max and Neil had came to the funeral with her. She guessed maybe it's because of how strange she acted when she refused to go to her father's funeral. They were probably worried. I mean who doesn't want to go to go to their parent's funeral? Not Nikki. She hates her father more than anything else. He made her and her mother's life miserable. Her mother begged him to come back. She hated the fact that she begged. Because she would always beg to her father. Beg him to stay. Beg him to not leave. But did he listen? No.

He always left. Always did. Every night. Every single night, he was never at home. Until the next morning. He would have this disgusting grin on his face as he walked into the kitchen for breakfast. Nikki's mother would just be happy that he's alright but Nikki knew something she didn't. Which is one reason why she hated that man. She knew where her father went every night. Her father was a liar and a down-right cheater. He would say that he had overtime at work but no that's not it all. Her father always went to a hooker's place and seduced her to the point where they would have- you get the point. Nikki was sickened to the core for knowing such things when she was only 7. It was disgusting. But how did she know exactly? She didn't want to explain it. It was too much for her to say in words.

She hated how her mother didn't know about this. That man doesn't deserve her. Nikki had no damn clue how her mom fell for a guy like him. But why didn't she tell her mother this? It's because of what he said. Those twisted words he told her every morning when her mom went to the bathroom. His tone and the words were terrifying. She remembered their conversation. Oh how she wished she could forget about it.

"Tell your mother and I will beat her every single night."

"You're going to abuse her for what?"

"For knowing.

Every night you will hear the cries of your mother as I punch her, slap her, kick her, whatever you can imagine."

"Why did you even marry my mother?"

"I loved her kid. I really did. But then she bore me. So just like that I went to have some more fun with someone else."

"Fuck you."

"Mind your language young lady."

"I hope you die. I hope you fucking die. I hate you. I hate you."

"Yeah I know."

She didn't want her mother to cry. So she kept it to herself. She never told a single soul. If her mother was happy, she would be happy. Until the day he left. The day where he decided that we don't mean a single damn shit to him. He left on that very last night. The next morning he wasn't there. And the next morning after that he was gone; forever. My mother cried. But Nikki didn't. She was so happy, so glad, that that person is out of her life. For the next two years, nikki and her mom lived swell. They were happy without her father. Well she was happy.
____________________________________________________

Max clenched his fist. He wanted to shout and scream at her. Why is she doing this?! He tried to keep calm but he failed. "Nikki. You told this story before! I fucking get it. The reason why you're telling me this is also why you're so depressed! I know what you're going to say next. Your father then came back again and your mom suddenly changed and became some whore but why are you telling this again?! Are you trying to avoid the fucking subject? Do you not trust me?" He did it. He really did it. Eyes of the campers and strangers were on them. Max scowled and looked away. Fuck. Honestly, she deserved to be yelled at because every single damn time Neil or Max asked she would start off with that story. Every time she repeated that. Every time. But the black haired boy knew there was plenty of other reasons as well. She has been fairly distant during school for some reason. And Max wants to know why. Because he feels like he doesn't know her anymore.