a field trip

David shook his head back and forth. He was not going to follow Gwen and her sister to their parents's house. It would be very disrespectful to her and would invade her privacy. Yes he knows almost everything about Gwen other than Gina. And yes he's very worried about his partner. But forcing himself and the campers into her personal life is definitely out of the picture.

Max grinned wide. He was going to get his way no matter what. So he must convince David otherwise. "Cmon David. You're going to let your love slip away from your fingers that easily?" He made sure to say 'love' very very clearly to catch the counselor's attention. Just as planned, it definitely did.

David raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" He has a clue on what the teen in front of him is saying. But how would he even know?

A glow, an evil happy glow, was shown through Max's eyes. "Well I overheard two sisters talking about an arranged marriage. And it looks to me that Gwen is going to marry someone..."

David glared. What was he trying to prove? "So-"

"...that's not you." Max chuckled. "I'm pretty sure the whole camp already knows that you're head-over-heels for her. That's something you can't deny right?"

The jolly counselor always had something to say. Whether it was to compliment someone or be his happy self or even respond to one of the camper's snobby comments. At least a word will come out. But no. These were the times where he just completely shut down.

He wasn't even sure why. Is it because his huge crush on the other counselor was obvious? Or because she was going to marry someone (and just like Max said) that's not him. Maybe it was a mixture of both. Who knows? "And what if I do like her?"

Max shrugged. "Then what are you waiting for? How about you go chase her all ready." He stared intently at the older man's tall figure. It seemed as if David was thinking aggressively. Soon he swiftly turned around leaving the black-haired teen to gaze at his walking self. Max was about to call out his name but didn't when the jolly counselor had something to say.

"Gather all the campers and get to the bus. We're going on a little field trip."

Max nodded his head and searched for everyone else, most likely eating breakfast at the Mess Hall. But he was still star struck at how easy it was to convince the man he caused so much trouble these past years. And he knew the only reason why he agreed. As cheesy as it sounds, it was because of the affection he had towards Gwen. They always say to listen to your heart right? That's probably what David did.

But Max called bullshit on that. Doing everything and anything for the one you love but it ends up being unrequited. It wasn't worth it in Max's eyes. But maybe David thought differently.

He opened the doors to the hall and could see everyone chowing down on their food. The whole place was as loud as ever. The Hall was a mess, living up to its name of course. And all the campers were just a wreck. The usual as always. So Max walked up to Preston and punched his arm thus making the theatrical boy scream in pain. Eyes were quickly set on both males and Max pushed Preston aside.

The troublemaker clapped his hands once and grinned ear-to-ear. "Pack your bags because we're getting out of this hell-hole."
_________________________________________________

An impatient foot was being tapped on the ground rapidly. The counselor looked at his watch and in his mind tried to make time go faster. Why were the campers taking so long? Or maybe it was Max because he didn't send out the message. That boy had one job. One job. But sometimes he would never fulfill that given task.

After what literally felt like a decade to him, the group of teens were casually walking towards the bus with bags of all kinds being carried. David eyed the luggage each camper had brought. What were they thinking, bringing almost all of their things? They would just be out for a day. One day. So what in the world is going on.