gwen's past

She put the money in an envelope right when they got back to camp. She couldn't believe how much the kids made. She sat on her chair and sighed. Gwen was disappointed that the kids were brought into this. This proves that she's pathetic and can't make money for herself. She was definitely shocked to see that they wanted to do this. They weren't forced or anything like that. It was their doing. The kids have really changed over the years.

She planned on repaying them back one day. Maybe going to an amusement park or buying them a surprise gift. She was still thinking about it.

She could hear David yelling to the campers to be safe and don't drown. Gwen lightly chuckled to herself. She's gonna be honest, she hated this camp when she first worked here. But throughout her days working at the place, she soon grew to love it. She realized that the reason why she disliked her job was because of who was running the place in the beginning, Cameron Campbell. After he was put to jail and David took his position, things were better. Better than what she expected. She expected chaos and things where they shouldn't be and trees caught on fire and kids drowning in the water and stress and just ugh! She thought way too much of the subject in the past. But she got all worried for nothing because things were fine now.

She noticed that she's been pretty lazy and hasn't been going out to help. But instead of helping David, she just wrapped herself in a blanket and read some magazines.
__________________________________________________

"Max why are you the only one one not in the water?" David asked as he put on some tanning lotion. The cold male still had his baggy dark blue hoodie on.

Max flipped him off. "Because I don't want to swim." He watched the campers splash water into each other's faces. "It's fucking stupid."

David patted his head and sighed. "Maybe if you start thinking positive, you'll learn that things, like swimming, can be fun." He then sat in his beach chair and put on his shades.

Max silently mocked him. He walked to the edge of the deck and stared at the water. He doesn't know how to swim but that didn't matter because he never wanted to learn anyways. He watched Nurf carry Ered on his shoulders and Harrison carrying Nerris too. He didn't know what the hell they were doing but it looked fun- stupid! He meant stupid. The water wasn't even that high so he can just walk in the water without actually swimming. But he still preferred the sun shining down on him and the very light breeze.

Vroom vroom

What the...

Max turned around to see some olden day car. He wasn't a master and didn't know what every car is. But he was so sure it's a 1961 Ferrari 250 Gt. And that car is pretty expensive. A girl with dyed purple hair stepped out and took off her jean jacket. The sides of her head were shaved and her hair was tied up in a high ponytail. She wore a shirt that said 'no' in big white letters which was tucked into her baggy jeans. As she locked the car, she immediately called a certain jolly counselor's name. "David!" She raced to the guy and grabbed his arms, pulling him up. With a big smile on her face, her arms tightened around his waist. Max cringed. Why did she look so much like Gwen?

"Gina? My golly it's so good to see you!" He hugged her back but with a strange face on. "What brings you here?"

The purple-haired girl let go of him and took out a letter in her back jean pocket. She gave a slight frown as she held the envelope in her hands. "I came to give this to my sister. It's from our parents.."

David slowly reached for it. He was worried of what was written on the paper. "I...uh...thank you. Let me get her real quick." He spun around quickly and ran to the counseling place. Max watched the girl stand there with a stressed face on. Who is she?