Chapter 1: Worries

Hey guise! Before I launch into this story, I would like to thank all those who were willing to give me a chance! Enjoy and grab onto your seats as you ride a roller coaster :)

*****___*****

Carla's POV

  "Carla wake up! You will be late for work!" 

  "Coming! Just another 5 more mins..." I rubbed my eyes and rolled around, only to realise that it is already 7.30am?!?!

  "Shit!" I grabbed my toothbrush and mug while trying to find my earrings. Within twenty minutes, I came out of the bathroom freshly showered. I changed into my uniform and woke up my brother.

  "Naralle, I am going to work! Don't expect me home for dinner since I am working the night shift tonight!" 

  "But Carla, you really have to eat!" My best friend debated. 

  "Bye Narelle!" I slammed the door shut, ignoring what Naralle had to say. 

  Life wasn't easy for me. I worked as a waitress in two different restaurants, trying to find means and ways to pay for my brother's hospital bills. I also had to save up for his college. Not that I was complaining but life was really hard for me. I didn't really have the time to relax and needed to think twice before buying anything. Naralle, being my best friend, always tried to convince me to relax more. Despite the fact that we were best friends, I knew that she would never be able to understand me since she was born into a rich family. She had everything she wanted but she was different from the other girls. She wasn't snobbish. She doesn't judge others. She doesn't look at your status before being friends with you. That's what I love about her.

  But now I have to find another way to earn more money so that I have sufficient bills to pay for my brother's haemophilia condition but how?

  "Hello Carla! Quickly settle down and serve table 21 once you are ready." I immediately followed the instructions of Mrs. Bridgeton and straightened my uniform before walking towards table 21. 

  "Good morning sir, what can I serve you with?" I found myself serving a very handsome man. He is wearing a suit and has a tattoo down his wrist. His eyes have some sort of magical power pulling me into a different world. 

  "May I have a cup of coffee with no milk and no sugar?" His voice pulled me out of my daze

  "Su...sure." I stuttered as I hurriedly scribbled the order on my paper and walked away quickly.

  Woah, what was that? I was usually not even swayed by good-looking guys but this man surely had something that made my heart pump faster and my cheeks to turn pink. I shook my head and calmed myself down before serving the man with his order.

Riley's POV

  Dad is giving me issues again! Why is he always so against me! I really need to take a short break before going back to work.

  I find myself entering a restaurant. It is really close to my workplace and apart from that, it is really quiet and tranquil. So why not? 

  While I was flipping through the menu, I found a waitress making her way towards me. She is really beautiful. I can find her assessing me as I flipped through the menu. She seems not to know who I am. Strange... Usually, girls will throw themselves at me and yearn for my company but she seems different... 

  "May I have a cup of coffee with no milk and no sugar?"

  "Su...sure." She hurriedly took down my order and walked away. 

 I smirked in amusement. Suddenly, a thought struck me. Why not pay her to be my wife? She seems to be appropriate enough. She is graceful, pretty and doesn't seem like a slut. Hmmmm... I immediately whipped out my phone and dial my private investigator.

  "Joe, I need information about Carla Simmons..."

*****___*****

*****___*****

Yayyy we have come to the end of chapter 1!!!! Wohooo! Hope yall enjoyed it *muacks muacks* I would try to update regularly and please vote and follow me on wattpad :)))

Instagram username: antesipation 

youtube username: Anthea Lim Ann Tien  

word count: 701 words