Chapter 30: Hope

Jaslyn's Pov

So as you guys know, Riley and Carla are miserable. I mean it when I say they are miserable. Carla looks like she's in a daze all the time when she has nothing to do. Riley has been trying to bury himself under his work.

Looks like I have to step in to do something. It's about time they got back together.

Carla's Pov

Today, just before I went to work, I saw the cover of the magazine Vogue. What intrigued me was that Riley was on the cover, and not just that, some model was also on the cover too.

Nonono, this can't be. Riley could not have moved on so quickly.

I flipped through the magazine and there's this one sentence that stopped my heart from beating

"Billionaire Riley is dating model Kendra, " My heart literally stopped beating. Is this really what it seems to be? He looks happy in the photo.

Carla, you are the one that initiated the breakup, why are you so sad that he's dating someone else now? Didn't you say that he should meet someone better than you? You should be happy for him!

I forced back my tears and went to the bakery.

Jaslyn's Pov

Carla looked more distraught than usual. Maybe it is because of that stupid cousin of mine that decided to 'move on' and date that model who looks like a s**t. He claimed that he has never once loved Carla and that all he said before was fake.

I shook my head. Seriously? Did he have to do that? He is not even in control of his emotions now!

This is not looking good, let my plan begin as soon as possible and hopefully they will be able to admit their feelings for one another.

Ritchie's Pov

"Hey Riley bro, how you doing?"

"Fine, what do you want? I am busy you know."

"Chill bro, need not be so angsty. Just wanted to call and ask if you know that Carla has met with an accident and that she is currently in critical condition."

"Wait, what did you say? Where is she right now? Is she fine? What is the name of the hospital that she is in?"

"She's currently in London General Hospital and in the Accident and Emergency Department. Wait bro why -"

Looks like someone is in a rush to get his princess back.

Jaslyn's Pov

It was our break time and Carla was staring into blank space.

"Hey Carla, do you know Riley, the billionaire ya know?

"Yea, I know him why?" She looked at me suspiciously.

"Well the news has it that he came to London for a conference and met with some sort of accident and is in the intensive care unit. He's currently being treated in the London General Hospital in the Accident and Emergency Department."

She paled and then hurriedly removed her apron and took her bag.

"Everleigh sorry I have to go I will explain everything to you later!" With that she rushed off.

Ritchie's Pov

"Do you seriously think this will work? It might fail though, given that they arrive at different timings and all."

"Calm down Ritchie. I made sure to tell Carla only when Ritchie has already touched down in London. Apart from that, I asked Riley's chauffeur to drive him in rounds to drag the time. He would be too occupied with his thoughts to even realise."

"I hope that would be the case. I just hope that both of them will be back together."

"Same here."

Riley's Pov

Once I heard the news I immediately asked my assistant to get the private jet ready. I dropped all my meetings and rushed to the airport to board the plane to London.

Throughout the whole duration of the flight, I was fidgety and restless. If Carla does not make it, I would never forgive myself for not fighting for us and for me to have moved on so easily. She has always been the only one for me, the only one.

Carla's Pov

I was really scared. I do not care if Riley had already moved on or not. I am more concerned of whether will I ever get a chance to confess my feelings to him, to tell him that I love him and to tell him thank you for taking care of me for that period we were together. I just want to see him for the last time without any regrets.

I am sorry Riley, for being so ungrateful in the past, really sorry.

I hope I am not too late to see him again.

Jaslyn's Pov

I have booked a hotel for both Riley and Carla. Once they have met each other at the hospital, they will be in for a nice surprise.

I am glad that Ritchie helped me on this one. Talking about Ritchie, he's really cutee AHHH!

Riley's Pov

I ran up the stairs and by the time I reach the counter, I was already out of breath.

"Do you know which room is someone by the name of Carla in? How is she is she in critical condition-"

I got cut off by a lady.

"Excuse me, do you know someone named Riley? Which room is he in -?

"Carla? Why are you here? I thought you are in a critical condition?"

"Riley? No they said that about you?"

Both of us were so flustered that we just hugged each other. The thought of not being able to see each other again was unbearable.

*****___*****

What's up hooligans! (Jennifer DIY reference) Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thx a lot of the continued support! Oh and please people bring this book up to a 100k will you?

Hope we will be in the 3 digits by next chapter!!

Question of the chapter: What is your pet peeve?

Word count: 985 words