Chapter 3: Kidnapped

Hey my fellow readers! I am back again! Woah I can't believe how time flies! It is so incredible that I can't believe 2017 is coming to an end... Shoutout to my friend Flavia Yen for being there for me for these two years! Here's another chapter yayy!

*****___*****

Riley's POV

  What's taking her so long! Shouldn't she be here now? I better call my driver and check with him... "Pedri, have you picked Carla up?" I inquired in my cold tone.

  "Sir, she's nowhere to be found! I had waited here for thirty minutes already?" Upon hearing this, I hung up and called my private investigator to check on her whereabouts. 

  Ten minutes later, an email with a video footage is sent to me. Apparently, Carla had been kidnapped! I immediately rushed to my car and drove to the location Carla is at. For I know that her kidnapper is infamous and an enemy of mine...

Carla's POV

  I woke up feeling disorientated. I turned my head and tried to wiggle my limbs only to find it tied up. I recalled the happenings of the evening and I tried to struggle out of the ropes. Just as I was trying, the door opened, revealing men with black masks and black attire. I tried screaming but it was futile since I was gagged. How now???

  "Look who's here! What a meal we have..." He stroked my chin with his fingers as I flinched at the cold touch. God, please don't let me die so soon! I still have my brother to take care of! Please... I prayed silently. 

  "You deserve to be tortured! Your parents were the cause of this! Don't feign innocence my little one!" I struggled once more but just when he wanted to pull off my pants, sirens sounded. 

  Gunshots were heard as I cower in fear. I saw Riley coming into the room and he immediately took me in his arms. Although he is still a stranger to me, I just sink deeper into his arms since he shows that he cares for me.

  Once more, darkness engulfed me and I fell even deeper into it.

Riley's POV

   I was scared. For once in my life, I was scared. I don't know why but there is a force pulling me towards that Carla girl. She is sweet but really, she's not my type! Jesus! But now I am acting like her lover, saving her from disaster.

  I immediately dialled for the police and ambulance as I sped my way there. My heart was beating so fast. God, please help me!

  I parked my car and ran towards the door. Just after I had arrived, the police also reached. They prepared their guns and surrounded the secluded apartment and started shooting. After the kidnappers were arrested, I immediately ran into the room, only to find Carla huddling in a corner and trembling in fear. I deftly loosen all the ropes and removed the gag. I tried my best to comfort her and placed my arms around her. She had bruises and cuts but nothing too serious. 

  I am going to kill them! I thought...

  As soon as I hugged her, I soon found her losing consciousness. Shit! Where's the ambulance?  "Carla, please hang on there..." I whispered into her ear. Her body was freezing and I quickly removed my jacket and placed it on her.

  Within minutes, the ambulance arrived. The paramedics immediately lifted her onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. Since I was not a relative of Carla, I could not ride with them to the hospital. I wanted to argue with them but then remembered that Carla's life is at stake so I decided to drive my car to the hospital.

Carla's POV

  I feel sore all over and my muscles feel so tensed up. I opened my eyes, only to find myself in a really foreign place. I turned my head only to find Riley lying on the bed. 

  "Riley..." I called softly. He immediately stirred and woke up. "How are you feeling?" 

  "Great, but thirsty and hungry," I replied. He immediately pressed the buzzer for the nurse while getting out his mobile phone and making a call.

  Seconds later, a nurse came in and checked my blood pressure and asked me a few questions. I was still reeling from the shock faced by the kidnap. My mind was filled with countless of questions. Why is Riley here? How is my brother doing? Oh no, I haven't contacted Naralle!  I immediately fiddled around, looking for my phone just when Riley came in. "What are you doing?" I continued searching," I am finding my mobile to contact my best friend." He walked around my bed and answered,"Oh, I have already done it and your mobile phone crashed so I bought you a new one." He passed me the latest iPhone X. "Oh, you need not do it, sir." I accepted the phone nonetheless. "It's my fault, Carla, I should have personally escorted you." He bowed his head in remorse.

 I placed the phone aside and look at him in his eyes. "Riley, I don't blame you, by the way, what's the meeting you want to have with me?" I tried to change the topic. "We will have it another day, now focus on your health." He replied and walked out of the room.

  What's with this guy? Why do I feel attracted to him?

*****___*****

 Hey everyone here's another chapter, do remember to comment and vote and follow me on Instagram and on wattpad :)))

word count: 928