Chapter 22: Unconscious

Riley's pov
  "What are we waiting for? We should quickly rush down and see what we can do!" Ritchie silently stood there, as if thinking of a better plan.

  "Alright, let's call the troops and execute the plan."

  "Weapons check, guns check, knives check. Good to go." Ritchie did the same and we left in a rush, contacting our man along the way.

Carla's Pov
  To say that I feel betrayed is seriously an understatement. It's horrible how much I believed and trusted in Naralle only to be faced with the hard reality that she was not even truthful all along.

  "Well, well, what do we have here?" Mr King (Riley's father) walked in.

  "Mr...mr... King?"

  "Didn't expect me to be here right? Well, how can I miss out on such a beauty? And don't forget, I forbid you from marrying my son. You are not rich, no social status, good for nothing, only in bed. So I shall have you all to myself and save my son from all the trouble. And not forgetting your medical reports. How are you going to give Riley a healthy heir if you are so sick? So I decided that Naralle will be a good replacement and she will be a good wife to Riley. Now enough of this chit chat, let's have what I call "real fun"."

  I screamed into my mute and squirmed around, praying to escape from this pervert. However, everything was futile.

  He inched closer and draw his finger down my face, slowly across my breast and then to my private part. His touch felt like nails embedded into my skin. I continued squirming and his touch intensifies. It hurts, I am sure I will have bruises by the time he stops his torture.

  He then ripped my blouse apart, sending the buttons flying everywhere. He unclasp my bra and cups my breast. With one nipple in his finger, he squeezes it as hard as he could. He attached his mouth to my other nipple and bite on it as hard as he could. Tears trickled down my face.
Why must this happen to me? Have I created any sins so bad that I deserve this? Why can't I have a peaceful life?

  Just at the moment, darkness consumed me...

Riley's Pov
  I stepped on the gas and we are travelling really fast but I don't really give a damn.

  "We are here." I hopped off the car and looked around, signalling the troops.

  With a nod, they ran silently and surrounded the warehouse. They prepared their weapons and stood ready.

  I double check everything and walked into the warehouse.

  Father, just you watch.

Carla's Pov
  What was I thinking? Who will even come to save me? I have no one left. No one at all.

  Tears trickled down my face. Just as he wanted to rip his shirt open, the door opened.

  "Stop doing this at once!"

  Riley, Riley, I knew he would come. Riley and a few others held guns and directed it at the pervert.

  "HAHAHA, what do we have here? I have my men to defeat you guys too. You all are outnumbered. Code scruty!"

  None of his men rushed in.

  "We already gotten rid of them. Do you think we are a step behind you? News flash, we aren't. Release Carla this instance!"

  "Why should I?" At that moment, he whipped out a knife and held it against my throat.

  "Riley, I never liked you. Why should I? You are not even my son. Your pathetic mother had an affair with another guy and had you. At that point of time, we were already tied to an arranged marriage. I love her with all my heart but her heart has already been captured by someone else. You are just a painful reminder of that fact. But what can I do? You are my only heir. I should just jolly well make use of you and ensure that my company is well sustained."

  Riley face faltered for a millisecond and then returned to its original poker face.

  "Not at all worried my son? Well you should be!" The pervert dived the knife slightly into the flesh of my neck. I immediately flinched in pain and tears rolled down my cheeks.

  "You bastard!" Riley wanted to shoot his father but then what shocked us was that...

Riley's Pov
  What's happening?

  Gun shots were targeted at us and men dressed in black is fighting with us. Ouch. I got shot in my shoulder. We are outnumbered. Little did I know my father/pervert is much smarter than we thought.

  "Riley behind you!" I dodged and took out my gun and shot him. Another man hit my gun out of my hand in the process. I was left with nothing but my knives. I continued to dodge and escape all that I can. Why is the police not here??? I snaked a look at Ritchie and realised that he was shot in the arm but other than that, he is fine, only with some scratches.

  Just then, another gun shot my leg and I fell down onto the ground. 2 bullets and that's the most I can take.

  "Now my son, you have to choose between your best friend and your so called wife." My father he a gun to Carla's head and a knife was held to Ritchie's throat.

  "Save Carla, I will be fine."

  Carla just fervently shook her head, asking me to save Riley since she has the gag in her mouth.

  My heart pained to see her in so much pain.

  "Son, choose in 3 seconds, 3, 2, 1." Just then the police entered.

  "Weapons down!" That pervert panicked and shot Carla in her chest.

  No. I saw her convulse in both pain and fear. All I saw at that point of time was red. Before the police could even reach that pervert, I went over and beat him hard in his face. Punches after punches until the police held me back.

  "Bro, go to Carla now, she needs you more than anyone else." His words pulled me back to reality. I ran over and placed Carla in my arms. Blood was gushing out of her wound.

  "Carla, stay with me."

  "Ri... Riley, thank you for... for everything... "

  "No Carla, no need to thank me. We still have our whole lives in front of us. You have to stay strong babe."

  Her breathing became more and more raspy. She became unconscious. "No!!!" Just then, the ambulance came.
  "Sir, we have to take your statement."

  "Can't you spare me some slack now? "

  Let Carla be fine, she doesn't deserve this. Why did I pull her into this mess? Why?

*****___*****
Yoz! How's was this chapter? And here's a question for you: What's your hobby? Well mine is playing musical instruments. I play the violin and cello and used to play the guzheng. How about you? Till we meet again. Adios ~
Let's hit 14k before the next chapter!

Word count: 1169