Chapter 15: Happy Ending?

Carla's POV
  Today's the day I am discharged from the hospital!! Maybe you can't feel my pain but staying in the hospital doesn't give me the good vibes. Like seriously. 😕 Although I m out of the hospital, but I still have to undergo various follow-ups and checkups before starting on my chemotherapy session. I am so not looking forward to that.

  "Carla! I am back!" Riley just got home from grocery shopping. Despite being rich and all, Riley does not hire maids as he feels that he is able to handle the chores and everything. He only have a driver, butler and an occasional housekeeper to tidy up his mess. In fact I was quite impressed with him independence.

  "How are you babe?" Riley walked over kissing my forehead.

  "Great, but can I visit Naralle and Finn? I have not seen them for a long long time."

  Riley considered for a while. "Well, I don't see any reason stopping us from our visit." I threw my arms over his neck.

Riley's Pov
  The culprit couldn't be my father. It may be the fact that my father is involved but he is smart enough to remove all the tracks of him being ever involved in this whole incident. We are back to square 1. I got my PI to dig dipper and wider into this issue.

  Meanwhile, I am thinking of planning a surprise getaway for Carla and I before she starts her chemotherapy session. She needs to be optimistic about it to be able to pull through this ordeal. I shall gather Naralle's opinions about it.

  "Babe, you done?" I entered her room only to see her all dressed up and looking out of the window. I hugged her from the behind and kissed her neck.

  "We better get going Riley." She pulled me out of the room and we made our way to one of my many cars. I opened the door for her and saw her admiring my Ferrari. I chuckled softly to myself before helping her close the door before going over to my side. I decided not to have my chauffeur to send us to our location today because I had given him a break and I wanted to talk to Carla without anyone prying into our privacy.

  "Hey babe, when is your follow up appointment?" I had one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on her thigh.

  "Two days later." She twirled her hair around her finger, I could sense her restlessness.

  "Well, I will accompany you to it."

  "Don't you have to work?" She turned to look at me.

  "Don't worry. The company will not collapse with my absence." I chuckled and she just shook her head and grinned.

  On the radio, "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran started playing. We sang along to it happily, enjoying each other's company.

  Not long later, we reached our destination. After I parked my car, Carla jumped out and knocked on their door. Finn actually decided that he prefers the apartment rather than my house so he decided to not shift until Carla starts her chemotherapy.

  "Carla!" Naralle gave Carla a big hug and Finn hugged Carla as well, asking whether she is fine.

  Naralle nodded at me and Finn gave me a bro hug.

  While Carla and Finn were talking, I decided to ask Naralle about the countries that Carla would like to go.

  "Hmm..." She thought for a while. "Carla would love to go to somewhere peaceful and she loves beaches. How about Bali? Or Phuket? They have nice beaches there." I nodded and made a mental note to search up more about those destinations.

  We spent around 3 hours over at Naralle's apartment and then decided to head out for dinner. Carla and I left the house and went to one of the restaurants I owned to dine.

  "Hey Mr King! Haven't seen you in a while!" The manager of the restaurant attended to us and lead us to one of the private rooms.

  "Once you are ready to order, just press on the button and a waiter/ waitress will take your orders." He left the menus on our tables and went out of the room, giving us some privacy. 

  "Well babe, what will you like to have?" She contemplated for a while, flipped the menu and then made her decision.

  "I will have the beef steak combo, I will like to have my steak half done." I nodded and pressed on the buzzer.

  "Hi, how can I help you?"

  "We will have two beef steak combo with the steak half done and for the drinks, we will have two mango shakes and we will order dessert later. I suggest if you want to keep your job, stop eye raping my wife and keep your eyes to yourself!" That seems to wake him up from his trance. He apologised to me and hurried to get our orders done.

  Our food came shortly after that and thankfully it was served by another waiter. 

  We ate in silence. It was when I finished my meal then I mentioned something to Carla.

  "Babe, I think we are in need of a short break, pack lightly and we will be leaving in another two days."

  She looked up from her meal with her brows furrowed.

  "Don't you have work?" She asked, concerned.

  "Don't worry about me babe. And don't pack any clothes because I have already made arrangements for your apparel." I smiled at her.

  She grinned and asked me. "Where will we be going?"

  I smirked. "That's for me to know and for you to find out." I kissed her hand and went back to my food.

  She pouted but seeing me not giving in to her, she gave up.

Carla's POV
  Hmm... Where is he bringing me to? You know I hate surprises and hate being kept in suspense. I shall just wait and see what's in store for me...

  I packed my shampoo and soap into a ziplock bag, brought a jacket and some other necessities and place it all in a small suitcase.

  I am ready to go!

*****___*****
Are things going to turn for the worse or for the better? Well what would you prefer? Comment and I will decide 😂!

Word Count: 1052