FourTris High School

Tobias's POV

I walk home on the second day of school. I heard there is gonna be a new student tomorrow.

Her name is unknown,  but I know that she is kinda short. I saw her taking a tour of the school yesterday.

Only for a second though. I trip on a rock and fall in the grass. A girl walks over to me and helps me up.

"Hey, I am... Tris. I am new. I will be joining Divergent High. I will be in tenth grade. How 'bout you?" I stand there awkwardly.

"Ummm... I am Tobias. I am a student at Divergent High. I am also in tenth grade."

"Cool! Which street do you live on?"

"I live on Dauntless Street. My number is 464."

"I live across the street at 4610!"

I smile and we both start walking.

"So, do you like this town?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's cool! I used to live in Abnegation Ville."

"I did too! I moved here two years ago."

"Wow! That's so cool! We're so alike!"

I nod and we split up to go to our separate houses. I wave goodbye and she does the same.

"I'm home!" I yell.

"Toby! I misses choo!" My three year old sister says. Her name is Maddy. I live with her and my mother. I also have a twin and a father who still live in Abnegation Ville.

"I missed you too. I have to go do homework,  then we can both watch a movie.

She cheers and I walk upstairs to my bedroom. I lay on my bed and think about Tris.

I go back downstairs to get a couple cookies and juice pouches.

"Who are those for?" My mother asks.

"A new girl who just moved here. She is my age and is joining the school tomorrow." I explain.

"Ok, have fun... not too much fun." She winks at me.

"Mom! Don't embarrass me!" I whine.

"Ok... Ok..." She leaves the room and I walk out the front door.

I start walking over to Tris house until I see her on her steps crying. I slowly walk over and hug her. She seems startled at first, but then she relaxes.

"Are you okay?" I ask worried.

"My mom kicked me out. Why? I didn't do anything.  She said I have to live somewhere else!"

"You can stay with me. I have a guest room. I just have to ask my mom."

"Ok... Thanks."

"Here." I hand her a chocolate chip cookie and a juice pouch.

"A juice pouch!  Really?" She laughs and I just look down. "I am just joking!" I look at her beautiful blue-gray eyes.

We both eat and then she goes inside to pack. I can't wait to go to school with her tomorrow. I need her to be mine.