Chapter 6

Tobias's POV

That day is boring. We just get more and more homework. Tris holds my hand as we walk home.

"I love you Tris. Do you wanna go to the dance with me?"

She blushes. I get nervous since it is taking her so long to answer. She looks at me and smiles.

"Of course, I love you!" She squeals and jumps in my arms.

She just said she loved me! I smile and we walk the rest of the way in comfortable silence.

----------------------------------

Tris's POV

I can't believe he just asked me to the dance. I still haven't met his other friend Christina. I just hope she hates shopping like me.

We walk inside to the smell of fresh baked cookies. Tobias runs to the kitchen and grabs a bunch of cookies.

"Tris! Run!"

He yells and then I see why. He just took cookies from his mom in the kitchen. I help her get him.

Once we catch him he falls to the ground and starts throwing cookies everywhere.

"Who's side are you on!?" He yells.

"The side that is not yours." I say back.

His mom laughs and he throws more cookies at us. I laugh and catch one cookie and eat it.

"Delicious!"

We all laugh and his little sister Maddy runs outside. I see my dad looking through the curtain of my old home and tense up.

Tobias notices and grabs my hand knowing that I am upset. I give him a slight smile and we walk inside.