Chapter 9

It has been a year since Tris went into her coma. I have started to lose hope.

I couldn't forget like a wanted to. I remember when I first met her. I remember tripping and her helping me up.

She was so kind. She was so sweet and generous. I miss her so much and I just want her back.

I pray every night that she will wake up and she never does. I have been talking to no one.

I ignore every call and every knock on my door. I checky phone for a call from the hospital.

I haven't even done anything to deserve this. I may be a little mean, but Tris is the only one I have ever loved.

I need her. I have waited 365 days already! I remember leaving her room the day I was told.

I was so mad. I tried to forget her. I can't forget her. I have given up hope and I just need some time to think.

I walk to the park and sit on the bench. I should visit Tris again. I haven't seen her in a month.

I walk home and grab my keys off the kitchen table. I walk outside locking the door and get in the car.

I drive slowly not wanting to see her. I know I am gonna break down. If she dies...

No! Do not think that way!

The voice is right. If she dies then forget it. I should just turn around, I mean... Do I even like her!?

Ummm... I dont even know anymore! I keep driving and watch as I approach the hospital.

I already feel tears come. I hold them back. I shouldn't cry for a girl I dont even know if I love.

I get out of the car and think. If I love her... Then do I wanna see her. If I love her I will pray and plead and cry and break stuff wanting her to wake up.

I have done all those things. Maybe I do love her. I smile to myself and laugh. I haven't laughed in forever.

I walk towards the hospital doors and they open. I walk in and suddenly become cold. I miss Tris and I need her back.

I walk over to the main desk. I hesitate and clear my throat to get her attention.

"Tris Prior's room please." I say calmly trying to hold back tears from earlier.

"Room 694."

I walk away and smile. Thats her number. Number 6. I miss her so much, but I must not cry.

I walk through the hallways occasionally looking at people in the hallway.

I should turn back. This is too much for me.

Tobias calm down. You have done this before! Just breathe.

I obey the voice and keep walking through the depressing hallway. I get to the elevator and press the up button.

I press the number 6 on the inside, because she is on 6th floor. I stumble as the elevator shoots up.

I am alone. I walk in and circle and listen to the not so soothing elevator music.

I stumble again as the elevator stops. I walk out the now open doors into the dim hallway. I stare at the colorful tile pattern on the floor.

I get to Tris's room and open the door. I see her still laying still on the mattress. I cry again.

I look around for something to break as a nurse comes in.

"I removed all breakable items in this room in case you came." She giggles and walks out before I can say a word.

Wow! This is how people think of you. Tris is lucky to be in a coma so she doesn't have to deal with you!

"Your wrong! She shouldn't be in a coma! She loves me! I think!"

You think! Haha! Worthless! Thats what you are!

I break down and cry even more. I know she loves me! I need to get out of here before things get worse.