Paintings.

By the end of the night I made over $100 in tips. I knew I worked for longer hours then usual but still the tips were good. I stayed to help Cami with cleaning up and besides I had nowhere to go anyways.

      "So where are you staying?" She asks, as she was behind the counter and I was cleaning off the tables. I really didn't know what to say.

"Um around." I couldn't come up with anything else.

"You don't have a place to stay?" Cami asks, and I shake my head. "You can stay with me until you get on your feet." My eyes open wide.

"Are you serious?" I ask, trying to see if I heard her right. She nods her head and replies,

"Well tonight I Clearly saw your a good worker and with the tips your making you'll find a place soon enough."

"Oh my God, thank you so much, Camille!" I say excitedly, and I hug her.

"Let's go get some sleep." She says, as we finish cleaning the place up. We walk to her apartment which was actually really close to the bar.

     We both walk in and she turns on the lights. Her place was lovely, she had pictures, relics, and other cool things.

"I don't really have a nice bed for you,  but I hope a pull out couch will suffice." She says, as she starts to pull out the couch.

"That's perfect. You can go to bed. I can pull out the couch." I say, walking over to help her.

"Don't worry it's not that hard, but you can pull it out. I'll go get you pillows and blankets." I nod my head and continue to unfold the couch. I had to move a coffee table to make sure I wouldn't hit it. "Besides pillows and blankets do you need anything else?"

"No, you have done more than enough for me and I'll forever be in your debt." I declare, and She sets the the items down on the bed.

"Don't worry about it. You do need something to sleep in. I'll be right back." Camille states, as she walks into a room which I'm assuming is hers. Quick enough she comes back with pajamas.

"Thank you." I say as she tosses me the clothes.

"No problem. The bathroom is right there. If you need anything my room is right here. Goodnight." Camille says, standing in the doorway of her room.

"Goodnight."

     I wake up to what I assume are pots and pans banging. Looking across from the couch is the kitchen and Cami is trying to make something.

   "Sorry to wake you, but you want some pancakes for breakfast?" Camille asks, and I nod my head. I walk into the bathroom and I'm looking a little rough.

"Hey Cami, do you mind if I hop in the shower real quick?" I ask, stepping back out into her living room area.

"Go right ahead." She replies, and I thank her before walking back into her bathroom. I strip of my clothes, turn the water on, and just stand in the shower enjoying the warmth.

     "What made you move to New Orleans?" Camille asks, as we were sitting down enjoying the pancakes she made us.

"A lot of family problems." I declare, remembering my mom's death. "Have you always lived here?" I ask, trying to turn the subject off of me.

"Yep." She replies, maybe she has family problems like I do. "Well I have to meet up with a friend. Make yourself at home, and I'll be back soon. My number is on the fridge if there's an emergency."

"Thanks for breakfast." I get out before she leaves. I clean up the kitchen by wiping down the table and doing the dishes. I really didn't want to be sitting here all day so I leave the apartment to see more of New Orleans.

   A lot of people liked to paint down here and they were really good at it. The guy at the bar Cami was talking to was admiring a beautiful painting. It was a man with a bright side then a dark side.

    "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I say, as I stood right next to him. He turns his head and gives me a smirk.

"It is beautiful. I believe it's showing everyone has there demons." The man replies, and I nod my head agreeing with him.

"On the other side though it shows everyone has a good side." He looks down at me and just stares. I look back taking in more of his features.

"I'm Niklaus." He says finally letting me know is name.

"I'm Kaylee." I reply, and he smirks at me again.

"Klaus, what do you think your doing?" I turn around to see that Cami was walking towards us, she sounded a little mad.

"Just meeting your new friend." Niklaus replies, and Camille stands a little infront, almost like she's trying to protect me.

"Well we're gonna go now." I was completely lost but Cami grabs my wrist and I walk with her.