An Invite.

"Camille, I just wanted to thank you for letting me stay at your place and giving me a job. Surprisingly Niklaus bought me an apartment, so I'll be living there." I stopped by my old home to grab my little bag of clothes. I didn't have much of anything over here but it still started to feel like home to me. 

"Thank you actually for being my friend and being there for me." She says, and we hug each other. I don't know if there's a higher being out there but fate really did bring us together. I probably would have been killed by a vampire by now if it weren't for me meeting her. 

"Well here's your key back." She puts her hand up, and I give her a confused look. 

"Keep it. You ever need to come back or anything." I nod my head and thank her again.

"I'll see you at work tonight." I state, and She nods her head. I close the door behind me and walk out of the apartment building. I had about 5 hours before my shift, and I had no idea what to do. I still haven't explored much of this city and I know there is so much to offer. It's another plus that I actually have money now to buy things. 

-

    "Who are you?" I found myself at the Mikaelson's household and there was a girl I did not recognize. The mother of Klaus child. Wow she is beautiful. 

"I'm some sort of a friend of Klaus. You must be Hayley, I'm Kaylee." I bring my hand up for her to shake but before I could even think something picks me up and I'm flying. 

"My brother doesn't have friends." A blonde girl appears in front of me and grabs my neck. "Now tell me who you are." She demands, squeezing my neck even more. If she wants me to talk she would have to release my throat and that wasn't happening.

"Sister, that's enough." This is Klaus sister? Are all of them evil? Even by his demand his sister doesn't stop. If she didn't release me soon enough of pass out. In a flash I'm on the floor, finally able to breathe. Niklaus has his sister pinned against a wall. "I said that was enough." I look up and Hayley is rushing towards me. 

"Are you okay?" Hayley asks me, and I nod my head even though it still did hurt. Luckily my lungs were back to having oxygen and soon enough the pain would subside. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some bruising that would appear. 

"Rebekah, this is my friend Kaylee." Klaus says introducing us. She looks at me up and down. Then she speeds away. "Thank you, Hayley, but I can take care of her from here." Hayley stands up and walks away.

"Sorry, I didn't think I would be choked today." I try to joke, and I do get an amused look off of Klaus. He comes and sits next to me on the floor. I lean my head against the wall that I was just chocked against. It's always something new when I enter this house. 

"Are you okay?" He asks, I didn't want to look at him. I nod my head still looking forward. "Sorry about my sister, she's on edge." Doesn't surprise me, this family seems to be filled with strong emotions. 

"Have you awakened your brother?" I ask, stealing a glance when I felt his eyes turned away from me. That's probably why Rebecca is on edge, her other brother is somewhere deceased. 

"I'm working on it." Klaus says, sounding like he didn't care. "What made you stop by?" Changing the subject, clearly not trying to save his brother.

"I'll answer that question when your save your brother." I declare, standing up and turning around to face him. "But for now, I'll see you around Niklaus." I then walk away. Walking up to my apartment I felt bad I forgot to say thank you for saving me for the third time.

Knock Knock

     I open the door not being that afraid because vampires can only come in if I invite them. It was someone I did not know. This day just keeps getting more and more strange. 

"Are you Kaylee?" The man asks, and I nod my head. "Your invited to Marcel's charity banquet tonight." He pulls out a slip of paper, holding it out towards me. He was a vampire because he couldn't reach out past the doorway. I grab the paper.

"Thank you." I say, before closing the door. I look at the paper and it looks like tonight is going to be a really fancy ball. I couldn't go to this. I have nothing nice at all.

Knock Knock

    I open my door again and there is a dress hanging from the doorway. I unhook it and look at it more closely, there is a note.

     I hope you come tonight in this dress. If you do indeed come, please save me a dance.
                                     ~N.M.

     I roll my eyes, but I could not help from smiling. This invite and dress was from Niklaus Mikaelson. I set the dress down on the table and look out the window to see Niklaus smirking out me on his balcony. I roll my eyes and open the balcony door. 

    "Trying to seduce me, are we?" I yell to him, stepping out onto my own balcony.

"Only if you want me too. I take that as your RSVP." I give him my own little smirk.

"I don't know if I want to go yet or not." I declare, making him raise his brow at me. "I do believe I have to work tonight."

"Good thing the bar you work at will be closed." Klaus comes back with. He did not use his compulsion to do all of this.

"That's a very tempting offer." I try to look like I'm thinking hard about my answer. "I guess you'll see if I decide to come or not tonight." I turn around and close the balcony door. I see Klaus still standing there with a smirk on his face. I've been warned about him so many times why do I still feel drawn to him? I know he's not good for me. I am a human after all. A person who no matter what he could kill in seconds.