Marcel's Charity Ball.

It was an hour before the ball or Whatever it was began. I was currently making myself look as presentable as I could. I don't have make up or anything like that. I only had the dress Niklaus got for me. My hair was luckily in braids so when I take them out I'll have wavy hair. My face was just gonna have to be all natural. Once I put the dress on it fit me perfectly. How did he know my size? Looking outside the window people were entering his house looking amazing. I wasn't going to fit in at all. I decided I was going to be fashionably late.

"Well here goes nothing." I say to myself. I look in the mirror one more time before I walk out of my apartment. The dress was long enough so no one would see I don't have fancy shoes on. Everyone was walking into this in pairs, but I was by myself. Great I'm already embarrassed. Once I was in I look around for Niklaus.

"I'm glad you decided to come." Niklaus always likes to be behind me. I turn around and he was dressed in a fancy tuxedo that matches my dress. I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. God this man looks good. When he does sweet things like this he really does make me forget that he is a monster.

"Well since I didn't work tonight. I have nothing else to do." I play it cool, and he smirks at me. Slowly Klaus walks up to me and puts his hand out. My breath hitches in the back of my throat. I've never been at a dance like this ever. I don't know what to do.

"Would you like to dance?" He asks, I look down at his hand and grab it. I can't decline a man like him. Besides, I'm assuming this room is filled with vampires, he's my safest option to be around.

"I would love too." I reply, he leads me to where everyone else was dancing. Looking around I see Camille talking to Niklaus sister, whom I forgot her name. "You didn't tell me Camille would be here." I mention, turning my attention back to him.

"Did I forget to leave that part out?" Was that a joke that just came Out of his mouth. I let it go and dance with him. Of course it was a slow song.

"Excuse my dancing, I've never been dancing like this before." I tell Niklaus honestly.

"Your doing great." He replies, and I smile mostly to myself. I only step on his feet once, and I was pretty impressed with myself. I couldn't shake off the glare from his sister. I don't know the grudge that she has against me already. As long as she doesn't try to kill me again I can assure her I won't be a problem to her.

"I don't think your sister really likes me. She keeps staring dagers at me." I mention, hoping he won't take offense into that. The last thing I need to do is piss him off too. I'm not the smartest when it comes to being around the Mikaelson's.

"Ignore her, she's just surprised I'm dancing with a human." I could tell he was honest with that statement. "I'm not one to have friends. She's confused as to why you're still in the picture." I nod my head, am I some part to one of his sick plans?

"She's use to seeing you eat humans, isn't she?" That was the truth to this situation. I know I may be the only human besides Camille that has lived and saw Niklaus wraith. I don't know how or why I consistently survive when I'm around him, but I do. I am very thankful for that because I'm not ready to die quite yet.

"Lets just say I wasn't the best brother throughout the centuries." I could have guessed that. I already gathered that from what he did to Elijah. Elijah is a kind man and very respectable. I wish he wouldn't do such things to his family. That's why he feels like they hate him. I know that's not the whole truth.

"Can I ask you a more personal question?" I ask him, looking up at him. We were still dancing.

"Lets save those questions for later, there's vampires here who don't really like me." Even though I was looking at him he wasn't looking at me for a change. He was really focusing on his surroundings. That's not like him to be so on edge like this.

"Should I be worried?" I ask him, finally he looks down at me.

"No, I have everything under control." We dance through one more song before he says he has some business to take care of.

"You two are getting along well." Cami says, she looks amazing. I wonder where she got her dress from. We were both standing by the bar with a drink in our hands.

"I guess so," I somewhat answer her statement. "What are you doing here?"

"Suppose to be on a date with Marcel, but he's a little busy." She nods her head up to the balcony. I look to see a African American man yelling at another man. That doesn't look good.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I say, bringing my attention back to her. "Beside men are over rated. Let's dance together." She laughs, but still joins me on the dance floor.

The rest of the night was fun, it consisted of Camille and I drinking and dancing. There was no sign of Niklaus the rest of the night either. Cami went back to her apartment and I went back to mine. I change out of the dress and hang it up in my closet. I change into some sweats and a tank top. I turn on the TV and sit on the couch.

Knock Knock

I walk over to the door and open it slowly trying to figure out who would be at my door this late at night. I open the door the reveal Niklaus.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, because it was around eleven o'clock.

"While we were dancing you had some questions for me that I did not answer. I was hoping I could make that up for you." I smile at the thought he remembered and cared enough to come to my apartment to answer them.

"Klaus, you didn't have to do that." I tell him but he gives me a smirk. "You don't mind if you sit out there and I sit in here?" I knew I was playing with fire but he couldn't do anything to me as long as I was in here.

"Not at all, I'm glad you're looking out for yourself." He says as he starts to sit down on the floor. I was a little surprised that he didn't go down without a fuss. I follow his lead and sit down.

"The one question I was going to ask you was, why do you think your family hates you but your all about family comes first?" I bite my lip, hoping he won't be mad by my question.

"Well you see I was well still am the overprotective brother. I didn't let my sister have any man, and when any of my siblings disobeyed me. They ended up with a magical dager that put them to sleep but could not kill them in their heart." I raise my eyebrow at him a little surprised by at this honesty.