Entry 29.

Diary entry: Sunday, October 31st, 2017.

"Like a fallen angel, you descended

To protect me, to change me into someone different.

You gave me your time, your heart and your soul,

You changed the color of my heart to a bright white from black coal.

How I wish I could thank you,

I become speechless as your eyes gaze into mine in fascinating hues.

I don't want you to leave my side,

Living with you is joy, a thrill, a roller coaster ride."

Today, me and Kaira were alone. Jellal had gone out to bring some groceries and Tanji-San was busy working. Apparently, I just found out from Kaira that Tanji-san is a chef.

Me and Kaira baked a cake today and were waiting in the living room until it baked.

"Erza, do you wish to spend your whole life with Jellal?" Kaira asked suddenly.

I blinked at her a few times but I couldn't reply becauss I was taken aback.

"Sorry if that was abrupt." She chuckled.

"No...not at all, Kaira-san..." I smiled. "Yes, I do want to spend my entire life with Jellal..." The thought of marrying Jellal made my cheeks and palms warm.

"I'm glad that you're being honest with me, Erza-san."

"But...only if Kaira-san doesn't have any problem with it." I looked down at my clenched hands.

"Hm...what if I said I had a problem with it?" She said. Her tone had slightly changed. It was heavier.

I looked at her and her face was impassive.

"Eh...?"

Just then, there was a loud noise of the door shutting close.

"I'm home." Jellal called out and Kaira immediately changed her expression once he entered the living room with the grocery bags.

"Welcome home! You're back early." She smiled at him and got up from her seat.

I frowned confusedly at her behavior.

Did she mean what she just said or was she just joking around?

I pondered about it the entire day; while cooking, while cleaning the dishes with Jellal, while watching a movie with the two of them. I couldn't concentrate on anything and that was the only thought that ran through my head. It was so frustrating not knowing what she meant, not knowing her intentions.

But the unusual part was that she smiled and talked to me normally as if we didn't have that moment of conversation.

As if that part was skipped in her life.

I don't understand anything. I want to.

Maybe I will ask Kaira what she meant by that once we're alone again.

She must be just joking, right?

To see my reaction?

Then...why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Why is my stomach turning and my chest tightening?

Maybe I should go back to my place...

It might be that Kaira is only putting up an act of liking me.

I can't say for sure but if I want to know what her true intentions and feelings are regarding me, I have to stay and see it for myself.

If she likes me for real, then that's brilliant.

But if she hates me...well, maybe I would have to break up with Jellal or I would have to fight for him.

Either way, I'm gonna stay here and I'm gonna find out a little more about Kaira.