Entry 38.

Diary entry: Thursday, November 11th, 2017.

I woke up feeling refreshed this morning. My anxious heart had become calm and I somehow felt happy as I noticed that I was sleeping on Jellal's bed.

But Jellal wasn't beside me.

I got up, stretched my hands and searched for him but he wasn't in the house.

I wondered where he had gone to. I texted him, but he didn't reply.

So, I made some breakfast for myself (Fried eggs with bread and butter) and watched T.V for a while.

I kept looking at my phone for any replies but there weren't any.

For some reason, I started to feel apprehensive.

I called him a dozen times, but he didn't pick up my call.

I thought of dressing up and running out of the house to search for him but I did otherwise.

I stayed at home and waited for him patiently. One moment, I had the feeling that he would be home soon and then the next, I felt that something bad might have happened to him...

I became restless. I paced the entire house wondering why he wasn't picking up his phone or replying to my messages.

Also, to distract myself, I started to clean the house, the washrooms and the closet but none of it would exhaust my mind from over-thinking about Jellal.

The only last thing that was left to do was put the clothes in the laundry and unpack Jellal's bag.

I decided to unpack his bag first since I kind of had no idea how to start the machine. It appeared high-tech to me and I would better not risk destroying it with my unskilled hands.

I placed his unused clothes and his daily essentials where I thought they belonged.

His bag pack was small so not much was in there except a few pair of clothes and a pair of shoes.

I was removing the shoes from the plastic bag and placing them inside the rack when unexpectedly, I noticed something.

There was a blood stain on his taupe brown sneakers...

At once, his shoes fell from my hands and I went into a trance like state.

Everything around me seemed to have stopped.

Everything around me wasn't making any sense.

It can't be...

It certainly can't be...

There are many sneakers with the same color but...

It can't be.

I kept repeating to myself the same thing over and over again.

It can't be him.

But the evidence was right in front of me.

I clearly remember the blood stained sneakers that was with Kaira.

I might have had a few hits on my head but I didn't forget anything.

And I can positively say that this sneakers is the exact same sneakers...

Surprisingly, the main door swung open and Jellal entered with a few grocery bags clutched in his hands.

I turned my face to him and I knew that my aghast expression was obvious to him.

He confusedly looked at me and then down at my feet at the fallen sneakers.

"Erza, what are you doing?" He asked.