Entry 34.

Diary entry: Friday, November 5th, 2017.

Natsu knocked on my door today. He apologized for the inconvenience caused in his farm and invited me and the others to spend some time together at the arcade that was just opened a few weeks ago in a distance.

He said since we can't leave the farm, we might as well enjoy the time and distract ourself.

I wasn't convinced at first, however, I asked Jellal and he said that we should go. It would help take my mind off the things I've been dreading of.

We went to the arcade after sunset. It was just a few miles away so we walked together in pairs. Me and Jellal, Kaira and Tanji-San and Natsu and Gray.

I was in front of Gray but when I casually looked back, I saw him staring at me. Or maybe I was just over-thinking it but I felt him constantly keeping an eye on me.

I wish he would just forget about me...Can't he see that I'm already in deeply in love with Jellal?

Although, I forgot all about Gray when we entered the brightly-lit arcade.

It wasn't as lively as I thought it would be. Rather, only a couple of teenagers who lived in their independent farm houses were playing here and there.

But I still felt a bit cheerful since I hadn't been to an arcade. Not even once. Seeing the lights from the machines light up and dance rhythmically, my heart gradually felt at ease.

I held Jellal's hand tightly and dragged him to a machine that had the words, 'PAC MAN' written on it.

I asked Jellal how to play this game and willingly gave me the instructions. However, before we could start playing we had to swipe some kind of a game card. So, I waited near the machine while Jellal went to the counter to get us a card.

I amusingly pressed the buttons on the machine and chuckled at how easily they moved. I could feel the tiny waves of excitement tinging my body. I hadn't felt something like this for so long,

It was like experiencing something novel.

Suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder and I turned around, however, only to face Gray.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Waiting for Jellal." I said and turned my head back around. He then stood beside me and waved some kind of a blue-ish, green card in front of my face.

I looked at him and he smirked glumly.

He wordlessly swiped the card in the slot underneath the buttons and abruptly, the screen on the machine began playing.

My eyes grew wide as I saw the yellow circle character moving around aimlessly.

"You need to press start." He said softly and I quickly looked down at the buttons.

There were instructions written as to which button was used for which direction. It was a bit confusing but I challenged myself that I could do it. That at-least I gotta try it!

I pressed the button that had 'PRESS START' written above it and immediately, the game began.

My PAC Man was going horizontal and was eating those tiny beads that were on its path.

I didn't know what to do. I looked down and saw the 'DOWN' button and pressed it.

The PAC Man began to head down but then I noticed that the 'ghost' was coming my way.