Entry 30.

Diary entry: Monday, November 1st, 2017.

By the time I woke up, Kaira wasn't home. she went to work and Jellal told me that she wouldn't be back until midnight.

Since we were alone again, we decided to head out for a bit.

The place wasn't any different than where I lived but it was nice to be in an another atmosphere. The air was however, somehow lighter.

The wind was chilly and the chirpings of the birds harmonized the air.

Me and Jellal just walked and walked and it might look awkward but it was just perfect.

At least for me it was.

Being silent is what I'm actually good at and I think Jellal understands that.

After a bit of walking, we went to a pond. It was named Lily.

According to Jellal, apparently, the people named it Lily because a 10 year old girl by that name had drowned a few years back.

It is sorrowful to know that such a young life withered away from this world.

It made me realize that you never know what could happen and when and how.

It would just happen and you will never be able to have time to ponder about it.

We sat across the rippled lake on the cold grass that smelled of soil and rain.

There were two snowy swans swimming happily on the sparkled waters.

Just looking at them, made me feel serene. As if the world was a Heaven and the people, its Angels.

"Erza." Jellal called out and I looked at him. He was looking back at me. His eyes glimmered from the faint sunlight that shone upon us. "Do you want to go back to your place?"

"What? No." I said. For a second I thought it was a good idea but then I quickly remembered my actual purpose of doing otherwise.

"You sure?" He asked, looking slightly worried.

"Of course." I said. "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing...I just thought you were feeling uncomfortable since you came here." He turned his head towards the lake. Gazing at his side profile, my heart suddenly made this tiny jump that ached gaily. It was an odd feeling at an odd time.

"If you're always by my side, I don't have a reason to be uncomfortable." I said without thinking. The words just flowed out of my mouth like air.

He smiled, still looking over at the lake and said, "I apologize if Kaira has said or did anything to make you feel uneasy."

"She..." I hesitated. I thought of telling him what she told me yesterday but I didn't say it. "She never said or did anything like that. I like Kaira." I smiled.

"I'm glad you did."

"Does she like me?" I asked.

There was a short pause before he replied, "Probably."

"Probably..." I muttered.

"But whatever Kaira says, always remember that I love you and no matter what anyone says I won't leave you, Scarlet." He looked at me, held my hand and smiled assuredly. As if his smile was the seal to his promise.

I was touched by his words and I believed every word he said. I believed in his promise.

"Jellal..." I uttered and for some reason, my heart was running as if it was going somewhere in a hurry.