Chapter two

After hours of singing, your throat felt like someone had shoved a rake full of spikes down your gullet, digging the sharp edges up and down your abused vocal cords.

Thank god tomorrow was "karaoke Saturday" as Grillby called it, this just meant you and Frisk had the day off as Grillby let drunks get on the stage and sing.
You remembered going one Saturday, just out of curiosity, letting yourself be surrounded by pushing cheering drunk people, as a group got up on the stage singing Yellow Submarine by the Beatles.
You had to put your hand over your ears, because damn those people sung horribly! You left after fifteen minutes, feeling like your ears were gonna bleed out as you exited the bar.

Shivering at the memory, you but on your leather jacket on  and pulled up the fur lined hood, making sure you had your keys and phone before looking into the mirror and holding a hand to your aching throat.
You started to put up all the equipment, unplugging  wires, wrapping them and storing them in their containers, then, you finally exited the back stage through a red door.

You went to the bar, asked grillby for your paycheck, and left.
You walked to the glass door of the diner.
You passed a skeleton dressed in a red dress shirt with a pin striped coat and pants, you thought you saw him wink at you but you ignored it, rushing off into the cold winter air.

You could have sworn you felt someone watching you as you exited.

You brushed it off, and rushed home in an adrenaline rush of  paranoia, opening the front door quickly and slamming it shut, and making sure your curtains were closed.

Exhaling, you relaxed and took a shower, going to bed.