Chapter six

I'm sorry I took so long to update you guys! If the world was all cherry and soda pop, I would honestly update every day, it's just that by the time I get home I'm so damn exhausted from school. (I honestly could go into a rant about how much the education system -especially the American one- is screwed up, but I'll probably write a paper about it, one of these days!) Anyway, to be honest, I'm only planning to do about four more chapters with this story, and it may be over around Christmas? I hope! Either 10 chapters, or 15. I also need to update that other Yandere story I have.. so Oof. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

You stared at the coffee maker, and ran a hand over your face, trying to blink the tiredness away.

You hadn't really been sleeping lately, due to late work hours and college, it was hard, you thought, but you could manage—you always did.
You never really enjoyed living, you realized, watching the hot brown-black liquid drip into the coffee pot. You had always survived, clawing your way through life, scrapping to get by and never really getting anything good out of life, except scraps of good books you'd read, movies you'd seen, sunrises and flowers.

You couldn't find happiness in money or artificial beauty like Frisk did, you wished you could, you really did.
But how could you?
How could you when you had lived so many lives and been through so many struggles?
You hated being mature sometimes, and knowing things, it was like a double edged sword almost, because of how isolating it was.

Frisk, your thought, Frisk who wore makeup and danced and played, you could tell she was happy, through and through— but you could also tell her happiness wasn't true happiness, but it was still happiness, in a way.

Geez, you really did think too much.

Frisk groaned, and fell off the couch.
"Augh.."

You wondered what it would be like to be her, to only think when necessary, to not be so passionate, to be kind of dimwitted and street smart.
Okay, wow- that was.. Jesus, that was mean.
But it was also true, Frisk was smart in the things that mattered, she knew how people worked, knew how to harvest them for her advantage, she knew how to slick through the streets on feet as quick as lighting.

You, you were the opposite, you were awkward, and even though you'd had a tough life, you didn't know a thing about the real world. You knew how to observe, to catch on, to learn slowly, and think. Frisk was witty, sneaky, to put it simply, while you were smart, wise.
To be honest, Frisk probably thought you were an idiot, actually, you knew she did, she had told you countless times.

"...Where the hell am I?!" She yelled.
"You're at my house, Frisk."
"How'd I get here?"
"Your friend, the skeleton guy, he brought you here."
She sucked her teeth, "That son of a bitch? That asshole? He brought me here?"
"Yes."
"I figured he would've dumped my ass on the street, like he did the last time." She reached into her bra and pulled out her phone,put a hand into her purple fur coat, where she pulled out a pack of cigarettes. She took one out and lit it.

Even though you hated the smell, it reminding you of always going to school and having your shit smell of cigarettes, you let her slide.
She took a puff, the smoke curling like a grey hand.

"I should probably call 'em and thank 'em, huh?"
"That would be the common curtesy." You muttered, grabbing a mug, pouring yourself a cup, you took a long swig.
"Mm. Maybe later."
"Alright."

You got another mug out, and poured some for Frisk, and put it on the bar.
"I need to study, so please- don't bother me, unless the world is ending, or Jesus has risen from the dead, or... I don't know.. something important happens." You said, walking to your bedroom and closing the door, and sat at your desk.