Chapter seven

I meant to update sooner, but what can ya do? Idk? Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a job soon, so I may not be able to update as much! (That's if I get a job) but still, thought I should let you guys know! Also, sorry if this sucks? Idk. And sorry if it's too short. I honestly need to do longer chapters, and I plan to do so, especially if I'm gonna finish this with fifteen chapters and before Christmas! I hope you guys enjoy it! Also, good luck on finals! °˖✧◝()◜✧˖° (' ' ) ❤️

He waited.

Big papa blew smoke from his cigar, watching the red end spew out smoke.

He waited.
In the shadows, at night, watching from his seat in his sleek car.

Snow fell, gently.
It covered the city streets, lay on top of the skyscrapers like blankets of cotton, swirled and buzzed in the cold air.

He waited.

Couples exited the restaurant, flocks of people deeply in love- would you look at him like that one day? He wondered, as he watched a blonde woman look at another with stars in her eyes.
A monster and a human came out, holding hands, giggling and kicking up snow. The human, a man, grabbed a pile of snow, and threw it at his lover. The monster got angry at first, but then laughed it off; gathering snow in his fur covered arms, dumping it onto the small human. The couple laughed, and passed him by.

He waited.

How long has he been waiting?
Two hours.
It was a good thing he brought a book, he didn't want to lose his mind in here. He'd been reading it on and off for the past few hours.
The book wasn't about anything special, it was just.. just.. romantic, and not any cheap romance either! It was better than that, more passionate and heartfelt.

He looked at the torn cover, he'd brought the from the underground, the title was torn off, and the spine was broken, but he still loved it anyway.

It was about a girl, her name was Jane.
She lived with a fucked up aunt, tried to make her best in the world, almost got married- and then, the book stopped.
Right at the best part!
He didn't know what happened to that dumb nanny who married a man she just barely met!
Damn it, he knew it was stupid, he found it in the trash heap, for Christ's sake! Still, he couldn't help but read it, there hadn't been much to read in the underground back then, only what was found in the dumps.

He'd been torn when he found it, desperate to escape the world in which he had to take care of his brother, so he read it. He read it when he was a messed up confused kid, and somehow found hope, if Jane could go off by herself, then why couldn't he?

Big papa sighed, and rolled down the car window, fanning the air to get the smoke out.
He looked at the restaurant again, watching all those people and monsters go by.

Where the hell was Frisk?
She never stayed out this long on a date! Never! Shit, she even had a date for five minutes! Five! What in the hell was she doing for two hours? It doesn't take you that long to go and have sex in a restaurant- he'd once made a girl—
No. He wasn't going to think of that.
Irritated, he tapped on the steering wheel, and looked at the torn book.

Casually, he tossed it softly onto the seat next to him.

He waited.
His cigar went out, so he put it in the ash tray in the car.

Another hour went by.
He was on the part where the pages stopped, the part where Jane ran the next day after the wedding, she had nothing but the clothes on her back and some bread— god, that was stupid.
Why would you go anywhere without some more provisions?
The book stopped in the middle of the page, a jagged tear blocking him from the end of the book. The remains of the other pages lay like decaying corpses, frozen words clinging onto the spine.