Chapter two

It had been a week since the Winterbourne's settled in Birmingham. They hardly left the house and it had been the first time out the house. Mary had asked Ophelia could she go and buy some food and essentials for the house. The boys wanted to join her.

Ophelia had a dark green dress on. Her hair was down. She walked down the street with the boys. "Can we get some sweets?" Charlie asked sweetly. He was a boy who could get anything by doing his sweet smile. Ophelia nodded her head.
          They left the shop, Charlie stuffing his face with sweets. They made there way to the bakery and they picked up the things Mary had asked for.

She looked down at Harry to see him looking sad. "Chin up". She said smiling softly at him. He looked up at her, no amusement in his eyes. She pouted softly at him. "If you don't smile, I'll sing". She said smiling. He looked up at her his eyes pleading her not too. "Remember the song mom use to sing us"? She asked. Harry bit his lip nodding.  "The sunshine of your smile" he answered. 

She smiled softly at herself. "By a Mr John McCormack". She looked down at and licked her lips "Dear face that holds so sweet a smile for me, Were you not mine, how dark this world would be I know no light above that could replace Love's radiant sunshine in your lovely face. Give me a smile, the love-light in your eyes Life could not hold a sweeter paradise Give me the right to love you all the while".

   She smiled down at him and softly began to tickle him. He began to laugh. Charlie stopped and began to pull on her skirt. He began to giggle loudly. "Oh you two better run" she said smiling. 

  They both started to laugh and ran holding onto each others hands. Ophelia ran behind them allowing them to have a chance to get a head start. They darted down the street dodging out of peoples ways. They both stood still trying to catch there breaths. Ophelia ran past a bar and saw them two standing there. "Got you". She said grabbing them. They both laughed. "We're it now". Harry said.

  Ophelia laughed and turned around starting to run again. That's when it happened. She bumped into a hard chest. She stumbled backwards and looked up at a man who had left the bar. He had a cigarette dangling lightly from his mouth. His bright piercing blue eyes peered straight into Ophelia's. Two men stood either side of him.

"I'm so sorry Sir" she said looking at him. Her green eyes glistened in the sunlight. Unknowingly to her she was standing in front of her was Tommy Shelby, leader of the peaky blinders.
  Tommy looked at the girl before him. Her brown, curly hair was flying around with the wind. Her bright green eyes looking up at him in a innocent manor. "Its okay". He muttered brushing past her. Arthur and John walked past her, smirking.

Ophelia looked at Charlie and Harry. All three of them burst out laughing. "Can we get today's paper?" Harry asked. She knew he enjoyed reading the articles. She often read them to Charlie to help him with his reading. "Of course" she said smiling at him. She gave the money to the man and they made there way home. She bit her lip thinking of the man with the blue eyes.