Epilogue: Day 108

A/N:

So, this is the (hopefully) much awaited epilogue. Thank you so much for your support.
Now, commence the heavy editing!

Happy holidays!!

Love,
Tina xx

• • • • • •

The pile of unpacked boxes was growing steadily larger than the still-packed ones, though, given your hurry, this meant that mess was a thing of abundance.

As a form of break from your unpacking conundrum, you had commenced in the act that was decorating Eileen and Dodie's Christmas tree. And yours, you supposed, given that you were their flat share.

The Monday following your drunken Christmas party, you'd made an apologetic explanation to Tyler, informing him that you'd have to turn down his publishing offer as New York City was not for you. But Tyler had frowned and replied,

"Well, why didn't you just say so?"

You'd asked him what the hell he meant by his rhetorical question, he'd told you that while you'd have to quit your job at The Times, there was no way he was letting you not publish your book. You'd simply have to do so via Skype and a few trips to New York.

Overjoyed, you'd hugged both Tyler and Eskild, promising the latter that you'd come visit him, even when you were, quote, "rich and famous", as he'd put it.

Then they'd sent you back to your New York apartment that now fully packed up for but a single mattress, a duvet, a pair of pillows, your toiletries, and Dan's things, telling you to get a sound night's sleep before your flight back to London the following morning.

That night, when you awoke with a start, it had been snowing.

Dan woke merely moments after you; he'd been sleeping beside you (not that you'd gotten much sleep that first evening, wink wonk), his arms wrapped around your middle, since he'd arrived outside your apartment during Friday's party.

"Y/N?" Dan murmured dazedly against your bare shoulder.

You turned over and he shifted to allow you space to move, though his arms stayed wrapped around your form.

He smiled softly when you met his eyes.

"Are you all right?" he whispered.

You nodded.

"No more nightmares, especially not ones with drowning, okay?"

"Yeah".

"I should think my manliness would have long since scared them away..."

You snorted, and Dan raised his eyebrows. "Yeah, they ran due to the lack of it".

Dan shrugged. "You love me".

"That is not a valid argument!" you cried indignantly.

Dan just laughed.

Narrowing your eyes, you tangled your legs with his, pressing your cold toes against his calf.

"Hey!" he squirmed.

"You love me", you said, a smug grin adorning your face.

Dan rolled his eyes, then started anew.

"What was the dream about?" he asked gently.

You frowned, remembering.
"I was late to our wedding".