Chapter 22.

A/N:

I'm home, again (:

Jet-lag kills...

~Tina x

• • • • • •

Phil took a ticket from the automated machine and located a parking spot within the house of cars.

The car spluttered to a stop and Phil removed the key from the ignition.

"Hey, guys", he said softly, "we're here, we're in Lucerne".

"Hm?" Eileen said as she stretched, graceful as a cat, and Dodie watched her out of the corner of her eye.

Eileen noted Dodie's gaze and arched her back just a little more than necessary, smiling as the brunette's eyes raked over her.

"We're here?" Dan murmured.

"Mm", Phil said with a smile that made you think something was going on.

Dan lifted his head from your shoulder and pulled his hand from yours.
"Sorry", he said quietly.

"It's— it's— it's fine", you stammered, eyes falling to the hand that had held his.

Louise sat up with a start, waking Liam and Evan.

She shook her head. "Dreamt we all died in a car accident".

"Always start the day with positivity, no?" Evan blinked at the sudden light. It appeared that you'd all been sleeping, aside from Phil who had been driving.

"Let's get settled so that we don't fall asleep before dinner, yeah?" Louise said, exiting the car; everyone else followed suit.

The trip had begun at two past four that morning, and now that it was five in the afternoon— there'd been some delays long the extensive German tunnels— you were all absolutely knackered.

But still, Eileen charmed the local behind the hotel disk with her pristine Swiss-German, and suitcases were dragged to rooms, personal items flung across beds. Phil had secured three rooms on the third floor, the zimmern all lined up next to one another.

Louise and Liam had taken room number twenty-three in the far right corner, you, Eileen, and Dodie were in the adjacent number twenty-two, and Dan, Phil, and Evan were in the adjoined number twenty-one.

The three of you had gone in, only to notice that the small-ish hotel room contained one double bed and one single.

"Um", Dodie said.

"Well—" Eileen began.

You waved your hand, "You two take the double, so long as you promise not to start madly kissing or something".

Dodie blushed and Eileen put an arm around her, "Honestly, Y/N, you're destroying the mind of O Pure Dodie over here".

You shrugged. "Just saying". Then you laughed. "I wonder how it's going with Dan and Phil and Evan..."

"Oh dear", Dodie's laugh was the tinkling of a bell. "Why don't you pop over and have a look?"

You grinned, "I will", and headed out. "Be safe!" you yelled over your shoulder to the two girls. Eileen threw you the middle finger.

You knocked lightly on the door—

"I mean—" Evan was speaking.

"Phil and I can share, but if this gets out to the internet, we're fucking doomed".