It was that night.

"Let me tell you a story," Ally said while she tried to make eye contact with Alex.

"It was that night, she looked you in the eye hoping you'd tell her that you feel the same for her. She knew you had something for her. But every time she's so confident about it, you make her think she's getting all the wrong signals. It was that night, she promised someone else who loved her very much that they could try to make things work when you didn't. She thought the both of them was too much of a fantasy. It was that night, you poured your heart out and told her about a problem you were facing. She still thought that the both of them stood a chance!" Ally paused, regaining confidence to continue.

"It was that night, when the clock struck 2, that she realised she never wanted to sleep because she wanted to talk to you. Her eyelids were heavy but you were strong enough to hold them up. It was that night, when the clock struck 2, that she realised she really did like him. She knew she was breaking the promise she made, she knew she was betraying someone who believed in her. She knew she wanted you!" Ally stopped and looked into Alex, hoping he knew that she is the one sitting next to him, in the cafeteria where they first met.