Thunder - Overdose

Sehun was definitely interested in Minseok. From the morning encounter until now, Minseok had kept to himself training with Li Feng, and Sehun had been out back with Yixing in the animal crates. Yixing was on one of his positivity rants about how the term 'crate' was so much more positive than referring to them as 'cages'.

"It's just so horrible to hear the children and adults asking to see the animals in their cages. They are not imprisoned, they have meaning in life. They have been willing with us and trained to the point that we understand them. It is just common respect to treat them with the superiority they deserve." he yawned heartily, and Sehun noted that the two lionesses in the background did the same from the back of the crate.

"I understand hyung. Although, it is the typical way to refer to the crates as such. Have some consideration for those uneducated idiots." Sehun calmly defused the situation as he clicked his tongue at his favorite wolf Vivi. Vivi was white and was the only white wolf in the gradient colored pack. He was uniquely fluffy, and many believed he was a mutt of some sort, but Sehun wouldn't let anyone tell him that. He almost knocked a spectator's teeth out once for calling Vivi an oddity. Li Feng and Kyungsoo had to go to great lengths to keep Sehun rooted in his spot respectfully.

Sehun had never been one to question when someone new joined the troupe, but this time, it felt weird because Minseok appeared so normal. He was sure that Li Feng would mention it to the said individual but it wasn't making things any better for his own mind. Why had Minseok chosen to come here out of all places? Was he drawn to the circus like the rest of them were? Or was he just trying to answer his calling in life before realizing the circus was not the place for that?

"You know, I like that Minseok guy. He seems chill." Yixing drawled from the inside of the lion's mouth, and Sehun completely used to the sight, rolled his eyes.

"That lion will bite your head off one day for doing that and I will not be sorry." He huffed, and Yixing drew back with a satisfied smile.

"Just making sure my king didn't have anything lodged in his teeth. He was chewing through the oxtail I gave him earlier and didn't look too happy with the tendons in his jaws."

Sehun gagged, the image was super disturbing already.

"I didn't need that much info. TMI hyung."

Yixing only offered him a dopey grin in return.

"So, the new guy. You're usually so bratty and demanding towards any of the newbies. Why the sudden respect of personal space bubbles?" Yixing continued, stroking the king's fur. Sehun pouted and stuck his tongue out childishly before relenting, "I dunno, he's just too new for my liking. All of you arrived and you were already halfway past normal. He's...he's underdeveloped? Is that even a thing?" he confused himself, something that he wasn't surprised at either.

Yixing thought about the notion before answering carefully, "So basically he's the closest you'll get to talking to an actual normal functioning human who doesn't view us as freaks of nature?"

Sehun wanted to shout, "Exactly!" into Yixing's face excitedly, but he was silenced when he noticed Li Feng emerging from the big tent alone. He got up and the rest of the wolves looked up, eager to receive their orders. He clicked his tongue twice, and they slunk back into their crate in a single file. By the time Li Feng reached them, Sehun was closing the crate and Yixing was still dozing inside the lion crate.

Li Feng pointed towards the tents, his eyes not betraying any knowledge whatsoever, "Minseok will be out shortly, I sent him to tell everyone that it's time to eat. Kyungsoo just came back from the market with bubble tea, so first come first serve." Li Feng barely managed to finish his sentence when Sehun rocketed past him like he was an actual wolf. With lightning fast reflexes, he quickly reached the mess hall and almost bowled over a sweaty Jongin and breathless Jongdae.