[ twenty five ] one more time [FINAL]

Ayyyyy its the last chapter! 

**

After Rain

Chapter 25

The trial happened a few days after Bianca's death. Trey and Mrs. Marshfield were imprisoned after I testified in the court. The video that Bianca had sent to Detective Olsen played a huge role in getting the truth into light. Dad was charged with bribery and the company was sealed. The hotels, the bank accounts and every asset that had been used to hide the truth – all was taken. Our house was seized as well and we decided to move back to our old home. It turned out that mom had no idea that the accounts were under her name so when she was taken for questioning. A week later, she filed for divorce.

Jalaal and Lee, both of them got the justice, along with all those who lost their loved one's in the fire. Jalaal was finally able to reveal himself and live freely. The police asked him a lot of questions but thanks to Detective Olsen they let him go without any further intervention. He decided to sell his old house and bought an apartment next to Aislyn and Nell, when I asked him he told me he still needed to figure out what he wanted to do next.

After the move, the first thing I did was to go and visit Ms. Aqaab. I saw her and Zaid the last time at the trial and it wasn't a particularly good memory. I had spent so many months avoiding her, feeling guilty and undeserving of her love. Ever since I had come to know Lee, she had done a lot for me.

There was a truck parked outside her house when I reached there and I paused for a moment, taking in the scene in front of me. Boxes sat on the porch in an uneven fashion, ready to be loaded inside. I walked around them and greeted the men doing the work before making my way inside.

The house was nearly empty now, the furniture was gone, leaving behind dust dancing in the air. The walls were bare and naked and the place looked lonely. I saw Ms. Aqaab by the dining area, she was carrying what looked like a huge candle stand to the pile of decorations in the corner. She spotted me and I froze, mustering up an uncertain smile.

She placed down the stand and rushed towards me, ''Nicola! How are you?'' She enveloped me into a warm hug and I could smell lavender from her sweater.

We ended up sitting on the stairs since everything else was already gone and I gave her the present I had brought for her.

''I heard you were moving, you can use it at your new place.''

She smiled and accept the bag, ''that's sweet of you''

''When will you guys leave?'' I asked her. When Jalaal told me, I was almost reluctant to come, knowing I was the part of the reason when things came this far. But he had convinced me to say my goodbyes properly or that would lead to a bigger regret. I had no idea if I would ever see them again.

''In the morning, we want to get there earliest possible.''

I nodded and played with my fingers, unsure what to say next.

''How are you feeling these days?'' She asked me, searching my face.

I had been busy helping Ronnie and Keith with the move, so I hadn't gone back to school yet. Being busy had given me a little time to think. But I was still having problem sleeping properly. The memory of Bianca's death wasn't leaving my mind, no matter how much I tried to push away the dark thoughts, they had a way to come back to me.

Ms. Aqaab probably knew what was going on, she suddenly grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly, ''Your face isn't swollen anymore, that's a progress right?''