Chapter 8

Guess what? It's Friday and I'm high as shit. Instead of sitting by my locker I went under the bleachers of the soccer field and smoked a blunt. I skipped happily into 1st were I was greeted by our sub. He was a regular sub a West Sydney High, only because he had a hard time getting an actual job. His name is Mr. Dunn and he's a 30 year old man that still lives off his parents but he's pretty cool because he lets me do whatever we want. I sat down in my seat and was immediately bored. I wandered what I would sound like if I was Chinese? As I started rambling gibberish, which in my mind was a foreign language, Luke walked in and gave me a confused stare.

"Oh." I said while laughing at Luke. He sat down in his seat and proceeded to take out his text book to do the assignment on the board.

"Hey Luke guess what?" I asked as I leaned up against his arm.

"You're as high as shit right?" He asked as he slowly pushed me off his shoulder.

"Yup! Wait how do you know?"I asked as I rested my elbow on my desk.

"I can smell you from a mile away. Can I see your bag?" He said as he pointed to my book bag located on the other side of me. I gave him my bag and he searched through the front pocket and pulled out a bottle of perfume. He popped the cap off and began spraying the fruity perfume all over me.

"Do I really smell that bad?" I said and he continued spraying me.

"Okay that's better." He said as he put the bottle back into my bag and handed me a piece of gum. The 2nd bell rung and everyone came waltzing in the classroom then shortly followed by the tardy bell. It was silent as the sub called roll and he came to came to my name I said the casual 'here' with my hand raised. Once my name was called I turned my upper to face Luke. I stared at him with the hopes that he will look back. The sub also called his name and he said here out loud then returned his attention to his text book. He eventually turned his head to see me and I stuck my tongue quickly like a snake. He did the same and this pattern continued for a minute until we busted out laugh.

"Hey you know that band the 1996?" I asked.

"You mean the 1975?" He corrected.

"Whatever. I downloaded their album last night and I think I'm in love." I said as I pulled out my headphones and started to untangle them.

"Nice. Just think if me and Calum didn't put you on to that band you would have a missing piece in your life." Luke said. We spent the of 1st period listening to The 1975 while we laughed at my crazy antics.

My high wore off round the end of 4th period which was great because next period was lunch. Once the bell ranged to go to 5th I zoomed to the cafeteria. I threw my book bag down in my seat, at the same time Calum showed up.

"Calum!" I yelled but not too loud. I ran over to him and give a tight hug.

"Can't breathe." He said softly. I apologized as I let go and we walked to the Lunch line.

"Hey I'm going to twerk on you." Calum stated but before I had I chance to question it his butt was already on me. He wasn't actually "twerking" it was more like him bending his knees with is butt pushed out.

"Calum stop your torturing the poor girl." Rebecca said as she and Luke entered the line. Calum stopped doing his white boy twerking and gave her a death stare before he went to go twerk on her. Meanwhile as Rebecca attempted to push Calum off of her I went to go talk to Lucas.

"Where's your lunch?" Is what he asked.

"My high wore off in 4th period so I ate my lunch in there." I said as I kept crossing and uncrossing my legs.