14: The truth always shows up... almost always.

"I don't understand sir!" Says Meghan in the middle of a panic attack "I had nothing to do with Candace's naked photograph! Nothing!"

"Ok, I see" Says François "is there any way I can reach to Candace Silvers?"

"Yes, you can phone to Miss Iris Coucke's house and Candace will answer the phone. She's staying with Iris Coucke. She is my neighbor"

"Oh man" Says François "You don't understand the fragility of this Things, do you?"

"I guess that not in the commercial way, sir"

"If this picture shows up, and it's known it comes from here, the Lyon Newspaper Company will be over." Says François "Candace  is a great employee but I cant have her here anymore. Not with the photo in my hands."

"So you want to fire her?"

"It's my best option in this precise moment" Says François And looks at the view from his window "I need to find a way to fire Candace Silvers without the world finds out why."

"Maybe a phone call could help" Says Meghan "I'll give you Iris's number."

"Great, thanks Jackie"

***

"Where have you been all day?" Charlie asks Meghan while they walk in the streets.

"There was this problem with boss François which involves Candace" says Meghan "they found a photo in a file."

"What kind of photo?" Charlie asks, worried.

"I can't tell" Says Meghan "But I can say Candace is in a very high risk of being fired"

"What? Why?" Charlie screams worried.

"Why do you care about Candace so much?" Asks Meghan "if that photo is there, it is for some reason. Candace is a bitch! She is a motherfucking slut!"

There is a sepulcral silence between Charlie and Meghan. They've never fought. Never. Charlie was petrified by Meghan's words about Candace.

"What do you know about Candace's past, Jackie? You know something but you don't want to tell." Says Charlie.

"I knew the girl who was guilty for Candace's violation years ago" says Meghan "I met her in prison."

"You were arrested?" Asks Charlie, surprised.

"No, I wasn't" lies Meghan "I was volunteering, punishment."

"Oh"

"And I met this girl and she told me about Candace and everything. Nothing surprising for me during those days" Says Meghan, trying to hide her nervousness.

"Why didn't you tell me something?"

"Because I couldn't find the right time to say it"

"Will Candace be fired?" Charlie asks and Meghan says no with her head.

"I told you. I can't tell what will happen with her. Boss François said he would phone call Candace"

"Great!" He Says And throws his bag on the floor.

"Don't worry" Says Meghan as they pick up Charlie's bag "everything will be alright. Candace will be alright" when she ends the sentence, she kisses Charlie softly on the lips.

Savor the moment. She remembered Candace say years ago. Before the party. Before everything.

"I think I should relax a little, wait for some answers" Says Charlie.

They enter the building and they hear sobs from Iris's apartment.

Meghan knocks and Iris opens the door with her worried face. "Candace got fired, but her boss says he will speak with her tomorrow about some incident they had"

Meghan's heart stops beating. Maybe showing the photo was a mistake. Everything was a mistake.

"I don't know who gave him the photograph... but I'm going to kill whoever did this." Says Candace.

"What was in the photo?" Says Charlie.

"I was having sex with you in the photo." Says Candace "I didn't mention you. I didn't want you to get in trouble. In the back of the picture it was written with a silver marker: Candace Silvers's 13 year old memories."

"What?" Charlie asks petrified. "You knew about this Jackie, didn't you?"

"I couldn't recognize the boy's face." Says Meghan "it was covered with a black permanent marker"

"How did you know about the picture?" Candace asks madly.

"Boss François found it in a file I supposedly took to his office" she says "but don't worry, tomorrow we will find a way to solve this"

"Ok, but just for you to know, I don't trust you, Jaqueline." Candace says as she cleans her mascara tears.

***

Candace dress in her best to meet boss François. She looks through the mirror, confidently.

While Candace is in her beauty session, Meghan is hiding all the other photocopies in her box. She puts the box inside a cupboard and locks it with four keys. She puts the four keys inside another box her desk.  

If it's about keeping a boy and putting a bitch away from you, you have to do absolutely everything in your hands to get what you want. And Meghan is near to it.

"Breakfast Time!" Says Charlie as he puts the waffles he cooked on the table.

"Sorry, I have to leave. Now." Says Candace "I'll see you later. I have to get my job back" Candace shuts the door closed and leaves Charlie and Meghan petrified.

"Don't worry" Says Charlie "we can have some time for us" Charlie takes Meghan's hand and takes her to the bedroom as he kisses her and lays her down on the bed.

Meghan unbuttons his shirt and Charlie takes Meghan's blouse off. Then he unclips her bra and leaves her chest exposed.

"I forgot how pretty you were, Jackie" he says.

"Shut up and keep going, Charles Puth" Says Meghan and he takes her leggings off, then her panties. "Take everything off" Says Meghan and Charlie obeys.

"Sure, your majesty"