16: Poison Ivy

AN: Happy New Year's Eve!!! And if in your country it's 2018 already, happy new year!
Thank you so much for reading, voting and for your comments.
Have a happy happy happy new year!
[1 of 2]

————-

Meghan is walking home back from work. She received a phone call from Charlie saying he and Candace wanted to talk to her. That it was important.

For the first time in years, Meghan felt like Candace and Charlie knew her identity and wanted to confront her.

But other part of her told her it was about the photograph. Both paths will lead to Candace being fired.

She takes out her apartment keys and takes a deep, deep breath.

Someday you had to fight this topic of your identity. So fight it. You can run away, again. Meghan thought.

She opens the door and all she sees is Candace starring at the views from her window. "It's a lovely day, isn't it, Jaqueline Dubois?"

"What do you want, Candace" Asks Meghan.

"I got fired. Because of a stupid, old photograph." Says Candace, burning inside and outside "We think you had something to do with this, with the photograph. Charlie can have problems if they discover he is part of it."

"I promise I had nothing to do with this." Says Meghan.

"I know" Says Candace as she walks around the living room "but I still have my suspicions"

"Do you think I don't know you do?" Meghan says in a challenging tone of voice "I always knew, Candace Silvers."

Meghan wanted to reveal her identity to Candace. To make her know who she is. But she had to wait. She had to find a weapon that could protect her from that revelation and from losing Charlie.

"Great" Says Candace "when I was a teenager, I was poisonous, they called me Poison Ivy as an insult."

Meghan invented that insult, anonymously.

"And I still am. I can destroy you, Jaqueline. You will have to pay for every second I'm jobless"

"I didn't take your job away from you" says Meghan "but I can make you have your end in the streets. So be careful. I can be Poison Ivy too"

***

Meghan was alone in her room. Candace went out for a walk. She needed advice and help. Lots of it. She needed to finish Candace, anonymously.

But how?

Meghan takes out a sheet of paper and a pen and stars writing:

I always hated Candace Silvers. I can't help it. Ever since I was a teenager I got bullied because of her. She is a bitch.
Because of Candace I ended up in jail. Because of her my life got ruined and wrecked.
I traveled to Paris to find a chance. I even changed my name! Then Charles Puth appears again in my life. I fell in love with him but I lost him.
I had sex with him by the last 24 hours.
Candace doesn't know a thing. She is clueless about what I can do to her. My plan? I want to wreck her more than I did with that photograph of them having sex.
She says she is Poison Ivy, but this Poison Ivy can do more than the other.
And I will end her now. I will destroy her.

Then a thought smashes Meghan's head. She remembers there is a shop that sells gun in the city limits.

And I will kill her.