24: Bryant Park

She was there. Sitting alone in Bryant Park, waiting for Charlie to go there and meet her.

What if he just tricked her into a fantasy that wouldn't just happen? Well... lots of crazy things going on.

She was drinking hot chocolate, alone. The trees were orange, people were happy. Meghan really wasn't. She texted Charlie again.

Meghan: Charlie, I'm already here. How long will you take?

Meghan's phone ringed two minutes after that.

Charlie: I'm near there. One block away. I brought some coffee, do u like latte?

Meghan: I do. You really shouldn't have bothered.

Charlie: It's so freaking cold! We needed something cozy to drink.

Meghan: If u say so...

Charlie: So... latte is ok?

Meghan: Yes, I have already told u

Charlie: oh well... whatever. I'm pretty close, be patient for God's sake.

Meghan: Ok, I'm being patient. Quite patient to be true.

Charlie: I'm here!

Meghan: Where? I can't see u anywhere!!!!

Charlie: I'm right behind u, silly!

Meghan turned around and saw Charlie holding two cups of coffee. One of them says Meghan and happy face beside it. Starbucks can make miracles sometimes.

"I didn't know you liked lattes." He giggles.

"You wondered correctly." She smiles. "Thanks for the coffee, you shouldn't have bothered. Really." Meghan said trying to be Meghan. Jackie wouldn't say thank you.

"This? This is nothing." Charlie says and smiles. "Times Square is just one block away. Wanna go?"

"Sure. Why not?" She Says.

They have a nice walk around New York and dinner in capital grille. They talk about there lives, about what has changed and what hasn't.

The main topic was Candace's mysterious murder and Charlie's passionate relationship with Jackie Dubois.

"She must have been nice." Meghan said.

"She really was. But I have to move on." He Says. "Things don't usually turn out the way we wish to. I wished there was an alternate ending to that story. But if that happened I wouldn't be sitting right in front of you... which matters right now, since I needed someone to talk to."

Meghan gets a little shy.

"I don't know what to say. This story is just so... tragic." Meghan says. She wants to keep the tears from falling from her eyes. Guilty. The fucking guilty.

"I know. But what Candace and I did to you was worse." He Says "I'm sorry, Meghan. I really am. You don't know how much."

They Hug and leave capital grille. He drops her on her apartment and she spends all night thinking about him.