25: Life is something else

Life is getting a little better for Meghan. She agreed to meet Charlie at Bryant Park, again. It seemed like Bryant Park made actual miracles.

She knew that it would be the new road to catch his eye... in a good way.

She brought in a notebook and started drawing a flowerpot she had seen minutes ago. It was filled with poppies. She hadn't brought in any colors, so she left them black and white. She would color them up later.

"Hello!" Charlie says smiling. He hadn't brought any coffee. Instead he starred at her drawing.

"Oh, hey." I say. "I was just drawing. Getting inspired, you know."

"Yeah... I get you." He says admiring Meghan's drawing. "It's turning out really well. It looks just like the bouquet of poppies over there."

"Actually... it really doesn't, but thank you." She says. He sits on the other chair and looks at her drawing, thinking.

"I had a friend from France, she liked drawing very much." He says. Meghan doesn't remember any Jackie drawings Charlie could have seen. Maybe he just took them from her desk and saw them, admired them like the piece of art they probably were. "She would have really liked you. You have a few things in common, like good drawing skills for example."

"I don't know if I have good drawing skills, but thank you." She Says "I think I'm a weirdo." Meghan says. Charlie giggles.

"You? A weirdo?" He laughs even harder. "You're the most descent person I've seen the past two years. No, wait. In my whole damn life."

"I think I'll take that as a compliment." Meghan says. She closes her notebook and keeps her pencils in her purse. "Why don't we go for a walk? I need to get my legs back."

"Get your legs back? Ha! I Can see you've still got both." He laughs.

They both walk around the crowded, yet cute, streets of New York. The climate was kinda freezing, for a November morning.

"Remember the good old days? When we were friends?" He asks Meghan. She smiles a little, she has been waiting for a positive question about both of them.

"Yeah. I do." She Says. "It was a cute friendship. The cutest I have ever seen."

"I know. I still miss all those happy moments together." Charlie says "Maybe if I didn't leave you for Candace, she would be alive and our lives would be something else. Something way better."

"I haven't seen it from that point of view."

"There's more guilty than you think laying on my back." He says looking down at the floor. "More thank you might think, Meghan."

"You did nothing wrong." Meghan says trying to encourage Charlie into something good. "Nothing."

She knows perfectly he did lots of things wrong. From making out with Candace behind Meghan's back, believing in Jackie— a lost, hopeless fantasy— to getting to feel guilty for something he didn't do and more stuff.

Meghan is the one with the bad luck on her. With the bad memories. She would always wonder to herself: "what did I do in my other life to deserve this?"

She doesn't know. She won't ever.

"I no longer know what to think." Charlie says. Meghan looks at him in the eyes and holds his cheeks.

"You shouldn't feel bad for that. There are better things in life that are worth it." She whispers. "Life is something else."

Charlie looks Meghan deep into her eyes and gets closer to her lips.

Meghan would feel the euphoria of the moment. She felt it back. And when she kissed them, she completely forgot Jackie to be herself for the first time. To live the first kiss as Meghan.

Ir felt so natural, so pure. Both of them would kiss each other's lips softly and gently. Meghan and Charlie kissed for long. They forgot everything just to live their happy moment.

No one can blame them for doing it in the middle of New York. They've gone through very much stuff, they need to forgive and forget.